Pivoting through units on a charge

Two questions:
Do you move through a blocking terrain while pivoting through it during a Movement order while staying clear of the terrain at the start and end of the pivot. My answer is no.
Do you move through a difficult terrain while pivoting through it during a Movement order while staying clear of the terrain at the start and end of the pivot. My answer is no.

I really do not see a reason why these two questions should have different answers. I probably cannot make my reasoning more clear and will wait for an official answer ā€¦

I totally get your legit point of view. I would try to solve this by logic: in a move, would I go "through"a blocking Terrain? Hell no, how should I? I would need to squeeze my way around it.
Would I go over a little peace of wood that lays on the floor at the corner of a small Tree? Sure, I would just step over it. But in that way I would have ā€œtouched the piece of Terrainā€ and would be hindered in my charge.

Of course in reality I would be hindered by both scenarios, as squeezing myself past a big chunk of rock would hinder me as much, if not more, than stepping over a little biece of wood.

So maybe both scenarios should count as a hindered charge? :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m with you Al Quds but my view is based on years of tournament experience from v2, I assume it is still how I think it is, but I wish it was spelled out more clearly in the rules or faq.
I can understand how it feels more accurate that the terrain matters during a pivot even though all my experience tells me that it is not the case. Hopefully someone with more clout than me can come in and settle it, appearantly 7 years of international tournament experience is not enough. :sweat_smile: (but of course I am not infallible and it would be nice to get it settled here or even put in the FAQ )

1 Like

Iā€™ve always played it, and had it played against me, that pivoting through Difficult Terrain (or an Obstacle), counts as moving through it with all the associated effects.

Enemy Units and Blocking Terrain have an explicit rule exception which allows pivoting, but not regular movement (which in effect is a ā€˜fudgeā€™ for game purposes), so IMO rules that apply to them donā€™t apply to ā€˜normalā€™ terrain.

@FredOslow cheers for sticking the query on FB - the resulting thread is clear as mud though at the moment :wink:

1 Like

yeah, an indication that this might be an issue that needed broadcasting! :grin:

2 Likes