Preparing for Monster March

Needs a lot more work than expected. Just about fits together. Big join lines need to be filled and one of the heads need grinding out to fit. Gonna have to get the dremel and milliput out at somepoint to complete this in March.

4 Likes

Put various bits in hot water to soften them and they will fit a lot easier. Legs into torso, fur round body etc

2 Likes

Thanks for that tip. Will try it

1 Like

Maybe I should summon the Gordrake?

2 Likes

2nd attempt worked…put everything in hot water before assembling. So much easier, first time building a bigger model so thanks for the tip.

5 Likes

Started on the goliath

2 Likes

7 Likes

Not nearly as far done as I would like, but at least I got some (basic) colors on the Drakon:

What I do like already, is how the swapped head and the rest of the model comes together, now that you can t see the difference in material anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No WIP shots, but Goredrake for Monster March complete.

Really fun model to work with. Wasn’t sure how the pink/turquoise transition was going to work with the large surface area of the wings but came out quite nice. Makes me want to jump the gun and get a Void Lurker now.

3 Likes

Finished Terror (Goliath from vault), goredrake (slightly converted ‘it’s not a’ dragon) and WiP Shadowhulk (also with 3d bits).

4 Likes

Well well … is it April yet? Dang! :sweat_smile: /hangs head in shame …

Lots of great projects completed during monster March, thanks for the pictures! :slightly_smiling_face: … my own project is still stuck in the middle somewhere sadly, … mh … like - almost - always during last years Monster Marches :innocent: :thinking: … no idea how that happened … again … :sweat_smile: , but - as always - I ll keep trucking at my own pace until that Drakon too will be finished!

Current state: Base coated and multiple washes applied as well as a little dry brushing on the scales. Some detail work done on the legs/claws:

3 Likes

Normally I end up with no monster left to paint by March, and I’m a couple of days late now, but I’ve finished repainting and redesigning a ‘Fire Giant.’

3 Likes

IMG_20240403_192605_edit_444791874410|374x500

3 Likes

My Monster March Goblin on dragon isn’t progressing as much as I’d like to, but the model has its base layers.

Eventually it will be finished. Promised!

3 Likes

/cheers @Vince . Glad to see that I’m not the only one still working on their Monster March Model. :grin:

And yep, getting done eventually is the important part! … we said we d finish those models in March … but not which March, right? :thinking: :grin:

2 Likes

" getting done eventually is the important part! … we said we d finish those models in March … but not which March, right?"
heheh, I like that logic @Mikes
It’s finished when it’s finished, @Vince, at least until you want something of it for another project or you think it needs to be improved. I’m still tinkering on the Fire Deamon/Giant with wings dude. it’s almost done, I think… maybe

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looking great @Sceleris

1 Like

Luv your style! Your Tkin tie niceluy together using this painting style and colour scheme!

2 Likes

It’s only 19 days late, but finally: here’s the model finished!
I love the fact that my gobz have a decent centrepiece now!I dub him “Gubbah the Goliath”

In game terms, he’s a combat-kitted wingit, since Gobs have no other 50x50 flying model.

5 Likes