Preparing for Monster March

Those who have been here for more than a few months, might know about the yearly challenge hosted by @Swordmaster , #Monster March!

Last year’s entries were gorgeous! You can find about them all here. Though I don’t know if Swordmaster can find the time to host the challenge again this year, I decided to start out early this year. If Swordie can’t make it this year, I’ll post the progress on my own blog and here.

As this challenge has been a community thing, anyone can enter! Usually, there are a lot of fantasy-related monsters (including mine) but other genres are present too. Hopefully, the great projects from previous years (all can be found on Swordie’s blog) inspire you to join too!

This year, my contribution will be modest - a humble goblin blaster. But not the Mantic model, I chose a great 3d print by titan forge minis.. You can find my entry (and hopefully all future updates) on my blog.

8 Likes

Perfect timing @Vince!

I have just posted about Monster March 7 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Started to build a count-as winged halfbreed

4 Likes

I started with my goblin blaster.

The process can be found here:

5 Likes

One of the things i’ll aim to get some paint on over the next 3 weeks.

6 Likes

I don’t know if I have anything monstrous enough for this march, but it’s always exciting seeing what people work on!

1 Like

MonsterMarch, week 2&3 – Vince on all things Kings of War here’s my update!

2 Likes

Dear all, it’s again close the end of February, so I am preparing for Monster March again!

This time, I choose a model that doesn’t really have a counterpart in kings of War (maybe a buffed Wingit?) but it’s a gerat model to paint!

A friend of mine builds special models for me from time to time. This is an ancient dragon model with the Dogs of War hobgobla Khan as mount. I stripped it and after a fresh base coat, I can repaint it. That’s the beauty of metal models, they can be easily stripped and painted anew!

5 Likes

Yay Monster March! Thanks for continuing the tradition @Vince. Hope @Swordmaster will pop back in eventually and say “hi” too though! :slight_smile:

As for Monster March, I’ve got a model lined up already: Slightly modified Drakon Lord. (Headswap / Hornswap on the Drakon). Already did some work on the rider and got the drakon basecoated, so should be all ready to get started with the actual painting of the “monster part” of the model.

We’ll see how it goes, with the little one running around and hogging “dad’s” time, it may take longer than March, but I’ll try! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A large tentacled Nameless thing as a terror will be my contribution.

3 Likes

Will find some sort of monster :+1:t2: I fancy joining in this March.

1 Like

Needs a lot more work than expected. Just about fits together. Big join lines need to be filled and one of the heads need grinding out to fit. Gonna have to get the dremel and milliput out at somepoint to complete this in March.

4 Likes

Put various bits in hot water to soften them and they will fit a lot easier. Legs into torso, fur round body etc

2 Likes

Thanks for that tip. Will try it

1 Like

Maybe I should summon the Gordrake?

2 Likes

2nd attempt worked…put everything in hot water before assembling. So much easier, first time building a bigger model so thanks for the tip.

5 Likes

Started on the goliath

2 Likes

7 Likes

Not nearly as far done as I would like, but at least I got some (basic) colors on the Drakon:

What I do like already, is how the swapped head and the rest of the model comes together, now that you can t see the difference in material anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes