Ratkin preview

7 Likes

I want them, please take a look at the Marketplace section!

1 Like

Apparently, the new Mantic ratkin models may become popular. Among the Czech wargamers there are some who are highly interested in them despite playing other game systems than KoW. One can say the same about the Armada release. It gets much broader interest here, not only among the KoW players.

3 Likes

The slave models seem like their well fed, and they must have a gym membership to!
Most of the sculptures are intriguing though. I hope they have success so the miniature line grows continuously.

2 Likes

Maybe they have to work hard all day? Just thinking😉

2 Likes

Yeah but you know what I mean; they should look emancipated, and tortured. I have a huge skaven army, so I am interested in observing how the ‘ratkin’ do in the earliest stages of the tournament season for 2021.
I may run a brothermark army for 2021, I have the Bretonnians to go for it.

2 Likes

That whole emancipated tortured look was pre the age of enlightenment in Pannithor. Studies showed that a healthy mind and body is more productive, so even the humblest rat slave now gets 3 nutritious, if cheap and foul tasting, meals a day, a communal bath once a week to reduce infestations, and the lash is used limitedly, with positive reinforcements and treats for good behaviour being the norm now. :slight_smile:
A particularly hard working slave might even be nominated for entry into the annual lottery were the star prize is a day off, with envious runner up prizes of light duties for an afternoon.

7 Likes

You put a concerning amount of thought into rat-slavery! Do we need to talk to your co-workers/employees?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Mhhh @Nav … where do I get some of those Ratkin slaves for painting duties? I finally would like to get my armies done! :sweat_smile: Any volunteers? :laughing:

1 Like

Ahhh sadly Mikes, that is considered light duties, so only happens once a year… and i’ve already booked in for the slaves to do the 80 goblins i got recently… hard luck… next year maybe :smile:

2 Likes

Clearly i am management material and overdue a promotion KptKeno. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some pics of the upcoming Ratkin:

8 Likes

they look sweet

Woah Mama! Those Ratkin in the first picture remind me of the Kharadron Overlords from AoS, specifically Arkanaut Company.

1 Like

Two-hand weapon dudes (Shocktroops??) look gnarly! And I still wanna see what the Brutes regiment looks like. I dig the hero and how much he’s diverged from the ‘mutated monstrosity’ rat ogre shtick.

Translucent I guess, since they don’t exist anymore.

1 Like

Had to check my book, and yep, they were entirely replaced by dumb Nightmares. Shows how much I’ve played my Brute-heavy rats in 3E (just enough to confirm how good Spawn Moms are!) :upside_down_face:

So I guess I’ll amend that to the Brute Enforcer is great! Nightmares both in model and rules continue to be a shrug for me, but they don’t look bad painted fantasy with the rest of the swarm.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree on the Nightterror, a ‘meh’ model, but it was fun to paint. I like it somehow, now that it’s painted.

https://www.kowforum.com/uploads/db3647/original/2X/5/5ec095735259634a9d6dee14ba0e30f064407d2c.jpeg

3 Likes

I don’t mind the Night Terror as much, tho I hadn’t thought of the monstrous hero as literally a shorter monster, tho all that works with the stats. Yours looks solid, nice and rusty :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I only got it, because it was in the starter set I bought from @Nav. It was fun to paint, I may or may not use it on the table someday.

1 Like