Ready for Clash of Kings - who else is going?

For the first time ever I’ll be traveling abroad for a Kings of War tournament, I’m ready for Clash of Kings 2022!

Are there other forum goers going there?

Vince

5 Likes

Good for you!
I will not be able to make it this year. I attended in 2016 and 2017, 2018 I was going to but fell ill just a few days before the weekend.
What’s fun with it is the proximity to mantic staff who have had a hand in running it historically at least, and some juicy leaks by Ronnie have been known to happen. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll see you there, Vince! It’s not too far for me and I’ll be camping next to the venue. It’ll be my 2nd Clash so looking forward to it :smiley: Where are you travelling from?

2 Likes

Not me now - I tested positive for covid last night! Martin T the same, so we both miss out this year.

1 Like

Oh that’s a shame @mattjgilbert

1 Like

Hi mate, I’ll be traveling from the Netherlands. It’s not that far, but we have to cross two other countries (Belgium, France) to get to you.

You can find me playing my yellow-black human dudes. C ya there!

@mattjgilbert , that stinks! Health to you!

Vince

1 Like

I’m not, but there are a few from here tagging along - @KoshtraBelorn and his cohorts amongst others.

Have a great time

1 Like

Following extensive combat losses, it became apparent that the Moonrakers would be unable to mount a substantive challenge at Clash of Kings this year without reinforcement. Rumours started circulating of a compulsory county-wide mobilisation, resulting in massive tailbacks on the Wiltshire/Oxfordshire border as people attempted to flee the draft.

Meanwhile, in Dorset, the Warborne club was suffering similarly with a shortage of volunteers. After some consideration, it was agreed that these 2 elite teams from the south of the country would unite to form a combined team to contest the Clash of Kings; a team benefiting from the melding of the sartorial elegance of the Moonrakers with the tactical acumen of the Warborners.

A spokesperson for the Moonrakers was keen to point out that this is not a merger but is in fact a Special Temporary Alliance. Anyone calling it a merger runs the risk of a fate worse than death, or in extreme cases, an even worse fate.

Naming the combined team became a somewhat protracted affair. Moon-Born attracted some attention but the proposal by the Fox of Borne-Mooners was quickly rejected. Ultimately the name War Rakers was approved.

And so, Andy, Jon, Matt and Michael will be invading, sorry conducting a Special Military Operation in, Lee Valley over the weekend to uphold the honour of the south at Clash of Kings.

6 Likes

Sadly I’m flying to Frankfurt with work on Saturday so no Clash for me this year :sob:

2 Likes

Draw/results:

Lists:

5 Likes

@Vince

Just seen your KoM list - balls out mate, love it! :wink:

4 Likes

wow the final top table game must have been played at blistering speed.

But then I suppose that is elfs for you, congratulations Javier for that masterclass in ass kicking

#nerf elfs

2 Likes

@all participants: Thanks for all games and the fun! It was a blast to be there!

I will post a tournament review at one time (with pictures)

1 Like