Rhordia, post Halflings list?

Anyone heard anything about what happens to Rhordia once the Halflings are released?

Will their Halflings be updated with Spellward etc? Gain access to some new units?

Everything stays the same? Or do they all wander off?

Just curious, as it’s not gotten a mention - as far as I’m aware - in the various chats around Halflings recently.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, Kyle mention on the Counter Charge podcast, that special rules and profile change will find ther way into the Rhordia list. I’m not sure though. Maybe someone can confirm or give other infos.

1 Like

Likely that the halflings in LoR will get the same rules as the ones in the standalone list, - whether they get many of the new units or not is going to depend really on how the fluff works.

2 Likes

Those Halflings are certainly combining with my KoM project to occasionally be Rhodia :smiley:

Halfling beta list and LoR split background to be released, the former, plus halfling pre order stuff, goes up on Wednesday

3 Likes

This week we’ll be unleashing all sorts of sweet halfling-based info, including:

• the background to the halflings and why they split from the League of Rhordia
  • the design process behind the halflings
  • an interview with the Kings of War RC about creating the army list and how they play

Though if they don’t expand on those bullet points, we maybe none the wiser about Rhordia.

They do need a reason to sell the CoK book :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some halfling background - looks like it will be CoK to find out what happens with LoR

1 Like

List is up now https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwtf0e0c3u62jsm/KoW%203%20Halfling%20Army%20list%20-%20BETA%20(1).pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR2vvZJ5Nlf9TXvkOuvoGFauNk8qq_yGOYioFYpt96kTUcAOJgJLct9IL7c

gogogogogo

Blog Post from RC member about their thoughts around designing the list. Creating the rules for the halflings in Kings of War - Mantic Games
Full list is due 8th November in CoK along with wave 2 of the halfling minis

5 Likes

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Those Forest Troll Gunners are going to be brilliant on the table.

Good all round unit, gorgeous models, plus a great concept.

2 Likes

I like the steady aim and 18" range on the carbines as well

1 Like

Doggo Spam or GTFO :triumph:

2 Likes

Somebody more into Halflings than me needs to start a beta list thread!

Original question remains unanswered :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

no one will know until Nov 8th I imagine, but I don’t think they will add anything to Rhordia

2 Likes

Possibly. Everyone is supposed to get two pages - perhaps it’s two pages of updated Halfling stats.

2 Likes

I meant they wouldn’t add anything from the halfling list to Rhordia, the impression I got from the lore and list is that the things they have in the shire are unique to them, but like I said until November 8th I doubt we’ll hear much about it

3 Likes

From what has been said so far about CoK I’d expect:

a LoR LL character
the halflings in the LoR list to get the rules the main army ones have (braves, archers becoming poachers, halfling knights becoming the melee wild runners, the sergeant)

Hopefully:

a sauceror option
the iron beast to replace the mammoth (or at least be an alternate)

That seems likely, Though might depend on where they see Rhordia going - status quo/fleshed out post Halflings/gently retired over the edition.

I wonder if they’ll look to get dual use out of the Winged Aralez sculpt. May depend on how it’s put together.

1 Like