Roman KoM/Varangur

These are my Romans. They are what got me into Kings of War, with the Historical book giving me a way to use the Romans I’d painted to use while teaching a history topic at school. They include some of my earliest historical/fantasy painting (since I restarted, not counting the early 90s stuff) and some of my more recent stuff.

21 Likes

Excellent hobbying on the lot of them. The fantastical units are particularly cool as they’re blended in so well with the historicals - looking at the brass bull riders in particular!

2 Likes

Really cool, I like the dragon rider.

1 Like

Awesome army! I’m really curious, where is the catapult from?

1 Like

It’s black tree design. It’s the great thing about Romans. While scale might vary a little, aesthetics are the same from so many different companies.

2 Likes

Fantastic job. Bulls were my favorite!

1 Like

Fantastic looking army

1 Like

Really nice. Have (so far) not done a Roman style KoW army!

1 Like

This is one of the nicest armies I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

They all look great, both the fantasy mix, and the historical elements. i really like the shield wall regiment, i can just imagine a horde of those marching towards the enemy, grinding them down.

1 Like

Amazing army! The painting and modeling are impressive! Superlative!! It’s a treat for the eyes and the imagination!

1 Like

This is I think one of the big appeals of KoW, can easily mix from many different manufacturers to create a very unique force, that is a great blend of historical and fantasy.

1 Like

Thanks, I love that old Citadel dragon. All the old serpentine dragons.

Thanks everyone :grin: