Rumoured plastic kits

I’m sure one of the Blog posts for KoW in 2022 said there were two hard plastic kits coming on 2022.

What do we reckon they are? New stuff or range refreshers?

2 Likes

Free Dwarfs and undead perhaps

New skeleton sprues for EOD, including infantry and cavalry! Look great. Also the metal Enslaved Guardians will be converted to Resin and made slightly bigger to match the size of other Large Infantry units.

5 Likes

Nope they are in addition to EoD:

‘Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg for Kings of War in 2022. We’ll have two more hard plastic kits (let the speculation begin!), plus an online campaign during the summer, which will last for longer than a weekend this time.’

3 Likes

I think it’s going to be difficult to speculate, Mantic doesn’t have leaky playtesters in the same way that GW does.

Halflings, Riftforged and EoD all came out of nowhere.

It’ll either be something completely new, or a release for an army that doesn’t have its own plastic sprues yet. Or possibly a rework of an old range.

We’ve had a lot of new armies recently, so the latter two seem more likely.

I wouldn’t be surprised by Ogres. Two kits could cover most of the army.

Rework of elves with an infantry and cavalry kit probably also quite likely. Or maybe just a cavalry kit first?

2 Likes

the new Enslaved Guardians look amazing

3 Likes

I’d just rather it wasn’t dwarves because I’ve just invested in some! If I could rule that out i’d be a happy camper

1 Like

My bet is on elves. So many people complained about the old elves. I just hope the old ones don’t go OOP too soon. I actually like them and use them for my Sylvan Kin.

4 Likes

…and I really hope it’s nothing I’d want, because I try not to buy any miniatures this year😉

4 Likes

It’s not dwarfs.

Yet.

5 Likes

iiiiiiiiinteresting….!

I’ll go ahead with that Ironclad horde then….

3 Likes

I doubt it’ll be something that’s already in plastic. Maybe elves, but I would not count on it.
A dwarf player might hope for plastic beserkers and ironguard though.

I would love to see separate butchers but those would probably be resin.

My guess would be the missing Northern Alliance kits (huscarls and half elves) or herd (centaurs are still metal iirc and a versatile kit with faun type things would be great).

4 Likes

Mantic mentioned a big metal to resin transition for many existing sets in 2022.

5 Likes

I betting on paladins (main Mantic IP) and Huscarles (very popular, Mantic IP)

2 Likes

Hope it’s not Paladins!

I hope it’s not halfling knights on giant rabbits

3 Likes

oh no…

oh noes!

Halflings riding giant rabbits could be a game changer for me. I’ve resisted Halflings so far, but i’m only human. Giant Rabbit cavalry, or better still chariots would be awesome. I’ve been disciplined enough to resist buying the model from LOTR Radaghast the Brown on his rabbit sledge

3 Likes

I still wait for Dambusters in regiments. And Depth Horrors in regiments.

1 Like