SCUTTLIN' REALM :: Trident Realm Battle Reports

And the ogres brought butter with them for crab snacks on that day. Good for the envoy for lasting that long at least!

2 Likes

Alright y’all, Game One is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 27: BASILEANS – BLOODFIRE

3 Likes

Crabs Vs Angels, coming to theaters near you in 2022. I’d watch it.

I really do enjoy reading your reports.

2 Likes

Thank you @wilberforce! Always happy to hear people read and enjoy these things. Sorry for the delay on Game 2, we had a work retreat thing the last couple days and today is playing catch up. Hoping for tomorrow and then swiftly finishing next week.

1 Like

Speaking of, Game Two is go: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 28: NIGHTSTALKERS – BLOODFIRE

Have a good weekend, I’ll aim to have 1-2 more done on Monday!

3 Likes

Have a good weekend too, i look forward to monday’s reports, mazel tov and arigato.

1 Like

I’m back! Game Three is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 29: BROTHERMARK – BLOODFIRE

And that finally caps off Day One! Should be finishing the GT coverage up over this week.

4 Likes

Well done, crabs. But not crabs, well done. That probably wouldn’t taste very good.

1 Like

Helluva match! Appreciated playing another gamer who goes too hard, too soon too :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And here’s Game Four: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 30: UNDEAD – BLOODFIRE

Just one more to go, very likely tomorrow.

4 Likes

Finally, here’s Game Five: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 31: DWARFS – BLOODFIRE

Thanks for reading everybody! I’ve got a 2600 point GT the first weekend of June, but should hopefully have 1-2 test games before then. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Been a bit slow to get to these, sorry.

Still a surprise when I see your crabs take on nightstalkers, it’s very unlike my experience taking on Trident Realm.
Knuckers are more slippery than I am sneaky and ensnare helps more than stealth in a battle between close combat armies.

Rough game for you, sorry.
Not a good match up and things didn’t swing your way.

1 Like

Good show! Those Brothermark were too zealous for their own good though, which looks like it is on theme at least.

What did you think of the host shadow beast combo?
It looked like it needed a lot of investment in points and limited what the chaplain could contribute, but also doesn’t look fun to play against.

1 Like

All I have to say about this game is that the fate of the soul reavers pleases me and fills my heart with joy.

1 Like

Cheers for the commentary, @DarkBlack!

I didn’t have any negative feelings about it in this game in particular, as he invested a ton for it but the Exemplar Hunter isn’t the gnarliest base to boost up. The rampage / slayer on top of Host helps approach that 10+ attak threshold, and the duelist double obviously helps for truly dunking individuals, but things that cost so many points should probably do something. I think the bigger thing is that I don’t really know how to stop these fast moving blender heroes, so am forced to do other stuff as they do what they want :confused:

I’ve cooled quite a bit on Shadowbeast being a negative play experience tho. It doesn’t feel great on the new Att 7+ blender heroes, but it’s only really with Me 2+ heroes or Mikayel that it truly feels bad, as those units largely escape the curse of dice (i.e. that they happen). Conversely, I really liked running Shadowbeast (8) in my Salamanders, as it’s a fun way to get more from my Clan Lords, but they’re so mediocre on damage output that nobody is going to feel too bad when they do a couple more damage than usual.

1 Like

Makes sense to me.
The impression I get is that it was supposed to be a bit of a boost for heroes, kind of like bane chant, that immediately got abused by heroes that didn’t need it and a failure to forsee the Power of Multiplication.

1 Like

Yea, I agree. Shadowbeast was likely meant as a boost for all fighty individuals as a class (not well represented on the tabletop prior to COK22) but seems to have more often ended up being used to boost new / top tier heroes in specific. I have doubts it’ll survive the next COK / edition but who can say.

1 Like

While I dig your crabs and root for them even against nightstalkers; you can’t pull my beard hard enough to have me not hope for a dwarf victory.

The regen on your kraken was BS. :stuck_out_tongue:

He gave your water elementals some awful flanks though and well played.

1 Like

Re: Game 5 …

a part of me felt bad when my dice were styling on poor Pat on top of everything else. But admittedly it’s a small part, I love when 4+ regen rolls more like 2+ regen :sweat_smile: As for the elemental flank charges, I’d like to credit the commando Kraken distracting him hard enough to forget how fast Sp 7 is on the charge, tho this being Game Five of Five may have been the culprit as much as anything.

1 Like

It’s been forever :sweat: With summer finally at an end, I’m getting around to putting together some recaps for Orc Town, just in time for the Crossroads GT next week :expressionless:

4 Likes