SCUTTLIN' REALM :: Trident Realm Battle Reports

I finally finished up my five reports for the GT that ran alongside the US Masters last month! Read about it starting with this report: SCUTTLIN’ REALM GAME 14: ORDER OF THE GREEN LADY – BLOODFIRE

If you’d rather start at this army’s beginning, you can start here, where I recap the end of 2E and struggles in 3E: INCOMING CRABS 🦀 – BLOODFIRE

4 Likes

Speaking of crabs and tournaments, I’m bringing my Trident to a local GT this weekend! Had one sweet practice game on Sunday, which you can read about here: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 20: UNDEAD – BLOODFIRE

1 Like

Back from the tournament, fun times were definitely had. I’ll be working on reports through this week, but for now here’s the army in its glory:

Water Elementals Horde – Brew of Strength
Placoderms Regiment
Placoderms Regiment
Naiad Heartpiercers Regiment
Kraken
Kraken
Naiad Centurion – Trident of the Drowned Sea
Depth Horror Eternal
Naiad Envoy – Bastion (2)
Naiad Envoy – War-Bow of Kaba

As a coming attraction, I faced:

1. Elves
  2. Forces of the Abyss
  3. Nightstalkers
  4. Basileans
  5. Salamanders

No duplicates and dodged all of the Twilight and Sylvan Kin :wink:

5 Likes

First game is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 21: Elves – BLOODFIRE

I’ll try to keep grinding away at this, quite the backlog of games now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

These are nice reports i enjoyed reading them, that’s a good looking army you got too.

2 Likes

Really fun reports, you showed those elves!

Those poor, innocent elves

2 Likes

Thanks @coOk_pAss_BaBtridge :crab: I really like how it looks too, and it certainly gets people’s attention with the mix of models and giant Mierce crabs.

Cheers @wilberforce :crab: tho hard disagree on their innocence :triumph:

Game two is up: SCUTTLIN’ 22: FORCES OF THE ABYSS – BLOODFIRE

3 Likes

Game three is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 23: NIGHTSTALKERS – BLOODFIRE

That closes out day one, stay tuned for the carnage of day two!

3 Likes

It should get attention it’s totally unique, this is what i like about KoW and being allowed to use any minis you want to personalize your own army and make it how you want it.

Yeah it’s hard to feel sorry for elves, i’ve never really liked elves no matter what they are in, Warhammer, LoTR, D&D, Elder scrolls e.t.c they always come off as standoffish with no sense of humor, not my cup of tea at all. Santa’s elves are o.k i suppose but it’s unfair to be negative about them since they’re trapped in slavery.

4 Likes

My first KoW army is elves, I just like the guys, ha.

Last game looked tough but fun.

2 Likes

Elf players are fine it’s o.k, you’re alright there, it’s just the elves themselves, i think most of my dislike for elves is just bitterness cos all the women liked orlando bloom, my hatred is drifting more to dwarves now due to the film versions of fili and kili, same reason as before pure bitterness.

1 Like

Speaking of hideous do-gooders, game four is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 24: BASILEANS – BLOODFIRE

3 Likes

Final round is up: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 25: SALAMANDERS – BLOODFIRE

Thanks for reading! The crabs will ride again - currently planning on taking them to the Unplugged GT at the end of April. 1995 points and I’ve got a super tight version of the list I’m excited to run.

4 Likes

Yay for nightstalkers! Sorry, my nightstalkers have a hard time against Trident realm; in the way one might expect from a close combat army vs ensnare while my stealthy is not very relevant.

Always fun to read your reports, thanks for sharing!

Thanks DarkBlack!

Jason was so sure I was going to house him, and was pretty dumbfounded he was doing so well with an army he hadn’t touched in literal years and an edition he had hardly played. I say good on him, especially with a list with so much variety.

1 Like

5 Likes

Amazing :heart: Going to print that out and glue it on the army case :crab:

3 Likes

Low Tide Boyz 4 Life

4 Likes

I’m getting ready to start writing up reports for my run at last weekend’s Unplugged GT, but in the meantime I finished the report for my one practice game with crabs at 1995 points: SCUTTLIN’ REALM 26: OGRES – BLOODFIRE

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!
That’s a rough snowball though.

Crabs look great too.

1 Like