September Spring! - Painting Topic

Cheers.

Apparently the version of this in the mega army comes un-assembled, which would make painting it easier!

Have done the initial bunch of bases and undercoated the first of the halfling regiments, so no fear about more pics :wink:

1 Like

11 Likes

15 Likes

Some stuff just picked up from my local supplier!

12 Likes

Looks like he’s cut the ogres with some goblins, time to find a new guy

1 Like

I love my friends. Specifically, one with a 3d printer who randomly sends us neat stuff, and another who just loves to paint and sometimes paints things he thinks would be cool in my armies! All I had to do was base this model to match my Forces of Nature army.

My buddy did a great job on the face, I can never do eyes and lips this cleanly.

360’ video on ye olde blog.

19 Likes

1 down, 8 to go :wink:

17 Likes

Basic colors only up to now, … those are also taking a while to paint. Gonna be another week at least! :wink:

14 Likes

[Bit of a poor pic, sorry]

A wip (base is temporary with blue tack, jewelry needs painting etc) of a spellcaster for my sylvan kin army that I want to start after I finally finish my twilight kin. Did this actually a while ago to take a break from my dark elves. It was a nice change of pace from the greys, purples and reds.

Tonight its back to painting shields for my tk, going to try for a final push to finish my spear horde and my cavalry regiments this week.

11 Likes

Added a rocket launcher!

16 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

Halflings so far.

19 Likes

I’m impressed not just by the units, but also the pace you work at! It must really help avoid getting distracted by something else or running out of steam on a project. Also like the combined arms approach your armies have, with an interesting spread of units.

2 Likes

Tend to alternate between building stuff and painting to try to avoid getting stuck in a rut or having to batch paint too much stuff (did that last year with 100+ draugr!)

I also build and paint stuff I fancy, then worry about an army list afterwards - hence lots of different unit types etc

4 Likes

Awesome Drakon Mikes! Tell me, did the riders come separate from the Drakon?

5 Likes

A very good blog post taking a close look at the Drakon minis:
https://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2021/06/here-there-be-drakons.html

Short answer - no.

PXL_20210613_132524949.PORTRAIT

5 Likes

Damn, oh well. Thanks for answering!

My contribution to the topic

My first go at contrast paints. Models came free with a White Dwarf several years ago. Overall I was impressed. Definitely going to use them for future projects!

16 Likes

Nice! I wouldn’t have guessed contrast paints.

1 Like

Hey @MechaSturgeon sadly on 2 of the Drakons the riders are completely fixed on the body, just the head and arms missing.

On the third drakon you only have the legs on the Drakon however and glue the upper body on seperately.

Edit: Forgot to mention … the seperately available “Drakon Lord” that is also included in League of Infamy has a fully removable rider! And if you buy the Lord in it’s own (KoW-) box it even comes with an extra Resin rider with extra bits (head without helmet / Sword instead of Lance etc.)

4 Likes