Started the Plague faction

Wanted a new warband, got some Plague 30% off from a local shop, so using the weekend to paint those up! :slight_smile:

Plague Teraton

Aberration

6 Likes

One of the best colour schemes I’ve seen for The Plague. That Teraton is marvellous.

2 Likes

Very nice, always good to see some Deadzone. Especially Plague!

2 Likes

The techniques used on the big guys are a bit risky to try on smaller minis, but I gave it a shot. It does not produce very clean lines but rather a somewhat random effect. Being plague I figure it should work if they come out a little messy. Some 3rd gen troopers:

Diseased Rambo

Mister big gun

Running man

Captain Kick in the Door aka Mister Surprise

3 Likes

The Plague Faction Booster box is now finished!

6 Likes

Paint method:

Citadel paints. Used color on entire model unless otherwise stated.
First spray undercoat white. Then on to the brush: basecoat warpstone glow. Biel-tan green shade. Sybarite green drybrush. Slaanesh grey drybrush. Elf flesh drybrush (only on exposed skin). Seraphim Sepia shade. Carroburg crimson shade on teeth, nails and scaly/spiky parts. Steel legion drab on belts, leather and hair. Boltgun metal on metal bits. Agrax earthshade on the face, leather bits and metal bits.
PS: when I use shades I tend to apply quite heavily.
PPS: All the models in the strike team are painted using those same steps, they just have variations in degree of exposed flesh and/or red scaly bits which creates difference between them. :slight_smile:

It’s an effective, yet simple paint scheme! I like the ‘horror video game’ pallet a lot. They look like they jumped right out of Resident Evil🧟

1 Like