Steps to Deliverance & Healing

I just wanted to shout out that I just finished this Mantic Novel, and I was pleasantly surprised. I admit I had very low expectations, but really enjoyed it. I suggest giving it a read.

One note I found interesting was how Paladins and Sisters could heal themselves. I wonder if this will ever translate into the game by allowing Heal to be cast on themselves, or does Iron Resolve cover it to a lesser degree? What does anyone else think?

5 Likes

My guess is it is simply the iron resolve game mechanic they are referencing.

2 Likes

I did not see any prohibition in the Heal text from being cast on the caster him/her-self.

1 Like

Magic is a shooting attack - unless it says you CAN target yourself then you can’t.

1 Like

They can heal themselves in Dungeon Saga. I imagine the healing mages in KoW are orders of magnitude more powerful and things like Iron resolve and headstrong better reflect the effect of their healing.

1 Like

Good point.

I also had very low expectations, and I wrote it. My chief source for self healing came from the divinity spells in Dungeon Saga, as the paladin archetype was detailed most in that game and it was not contrary to KoW. Vanguard wasn’t even released when I wrote the first draft! However, looking ahead lore wise, it’s most likely that healing magic and control over it will vary from Order to Order.

5 Likes

Thank you for the insight and welcome to the forum!

Hello chaps - for those interested, my second Kings of War novel is well underway, about 40 pages into the first draft. The second novel goes into some more detail regarding the differences between various paladin orders and chapters; this is also fleshed out in the upcoming Kings of War RPG, which I’ve written the narrative for paladins in. The upshot is that yes, healing magic varies tremendously between different paladin chapters and orders, and the healing you see in Steps to Deliverance is not typical of all paladin organisations.

2 Likes

Second novel, excellent. I look forward to reading it Mark.

Patch