Svechin21’s Varangur/Northern Alliance

Hi all,

Thought I’d finally put on here some dodgy photos of my Varangur/Northern Alliance that I have painted over the last few years.

From top to bottom: Night Raiders, Snow Foxes, Draugr, Cursed Son, Frost Trolls, Ice Kin Hunter, Huscarls and others, more huscarls, and maguses.

13 Likes

And a group shot of everything. Good luck telling units apart!

10 Likes

Lovely looking wild bunch! Say, what is that green thing with orange haircut?

1 Like

That is a beast of nurgle, proxying in as a cavern dweller and converted to hold a massive glaive

10 Likes

Some dwarf clansmen. Thanks to Titan Wargames for these lovely miniatures

7 Likes

Probably looks different form another angle, but on this picture it looks so happy. Awesome!

Oh nurgle’s creations are always happy :smile:

1 Like

Nice looking stuff. What models are the draugr?

Thank you. The draugr are a mix of stuff designed to represent my clansmen and the various enemies they fight. So half are frostgrave cultists (which come with helpful undead conversion bits) and the other half a mix of bretonnian men at arms and Empire State troops and militia, with extra skeleton and zombie bits added.

1 Like

Cheers - look really nice. Gives you the start of an undead army (which is what my draugr have led me to) :wink:

I have already made a necromancer! Trying to keep on track with league or rhordia though. Perhaps one day.

A Dark Emissary!

An impressive army, the grey and maroon(?) look great.

Thanks Mark :slight_smile:. Finally found the dark emissary on eBay for a very reasonable price after looking for months. Definitely worth the wait. Was a pleasure to paint.

Meant to be grey and red, but the pictures are not the best.