Sylvan Kin - Middlehammer FMC

Hi guys,

After being absolutely tonked at Its a Troll FFS by Sylvan Kin (Ed i think?), I felt it was an army I really wanted to try. It also means that I’d be able to scratch an itch to do an army I coveted as a boy.

Over the last few months I’ve been scouring ebay and trade groups to snatch up a pile of metal wood elves to make a 2300pts army. I think I have everything now. I’ll be using the following;

Kindred Glade Stalkers - Wood elf archers
Forest Guard - Glade Guard spearmen
Boskwraiths - Wardancers
Hunters of the Wild - Dryads
Forest Shamblers - Treemen
Wiltfather - Durthu the Treeman
Forest Warden - Drycha
Various elf characters…

I’m multi basing, but not cutting off tabs (couldn’t bring myself to do that!)

I’ll be posting progress as I go, but a couple of WIP shots for now…

16 Likes

looking sweet. nice Elf archers

2 Likes

excellent stuff, welcome to the fun house I’ll be looking forwards to seeing the rest of the army build

2 Likes

Always happy to see another treeclimbing pointy ears in the house! I also started with the remnants of a WHFB Woody Elf army, now up to about 5000 pts of Sylvan Kin.

4 Likes

Latest addition. Troop of Boskwraiths.

Quick and dirty contrast paint job.

10 Likes

Little update - first of two units of Forest Guard. They weigh a tonne!

11 Likes

Couple of extra units added to the roster this week. Tree herder and glade stalkers

10 Likes

Great work on the herder!

2 Likes

Still love that old Treeman model and @Uncannyged really did it justice. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

those look fabulous @Uncannyged

1 Like

Little troop of Hunters of the Wild!

10 Likes

Been a little while buy still chipping away.

Horde of Forest Shamblers (man I hate these models) and my Wanderer King. The Sword of Twilight.

11 Likes

Those old Treekin were sweet. Wanderer King looking good too!

1 Like

beautiful work, it made me go and have a poke to see what welfs I have lying about that may join the ranks of the kin.

How did you do the base on the archer regiment by the way? was it a mat piece or did you flock it yourself?

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for no responding sooner. I flocked it using a cheap static grass applicator. I followed the method on the Geek Gaming channel on YouTube.

1 Like

Getting to the home straight for my 2300pts project.

Here is the tree himself. The Wiltfather together with a Great Eagle/Greater Air Elemental.

One more unit of Gladestalkers and one unit of Forest Guard and I’m done!

9 Likes

30 models to go…

Little troop of Gladestalkers

9 Likes

some lovely work there @Uncannyged

1 Like

Some stern tree elves!

1 Like