Sylvan Kin - the green elves are back

A new year brings a new project. For me it is an army of the Sylvan Kin, which were released with the Uncharted Empires book as a theme list (for elves). Why Sylvan Kin you may ask, it is because I think this is a perfect opportunity to create some interesting new units (with minis from different manufacturers) and also to bring back some of my favorite old metal-minis (6th ed. wh eternal guard and wardancers, which will be repainted to match the rest of the new army).
First I decided a certain design for the multibases :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

As january is almost gone, the first units for the SK are finished: 1 Regiment Hunters of the Wild, 1 Master Hunter, 1 Forest Warden (with Wings of the Honeymaze)

17 Likes

A great first looking unit . The base is really nice and will look good across the whole army.

1 Like

A very nice looking unit! I always liked the GW dryads (or whatever they’re called in the Age of Sillynames). It’s a beautiful paint job and a fantastic base. I toyed with the idea of building a Sylvan kin army myself and this is very tempting!

1 Like

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

And there will always be follow on projects :wink:

Nice work already! Love that basing, I need to crack the code on forest bases at some point too … Quick technical note:

In game, the wings only work on Individuals, which the Warden is not :slightly_frowning_face: You can slap them on an Archwraith* or Elven Prince / King tho.

** Weird unit! 21-23" charging De2+ fearless self-inspiring fairy critter :fairy:

1 Like

I stand corrected, thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also like the idea of the fairy critter of doom :rofl: Maybe I use the mini just as that in some fun games.

2 Likes

New month, new units: the Windborne and 1 regiment of Stormwind Cavalry (“The Storm-Badgers”)

9 Likes

New month, new trees: 2 hordes of Forest Shamblers

13 Likes

This is coming along nicely! I love the badgers and the shamblers. Stay safe and keep those Sylvans coming!

1 Like

Very good job!

1 Like

Thank you, I will try to do exactly so :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

With another month done, another regiment Hunters of the Wild and a Treeherder join the party.
With the army slowly taking shape, it’s time for a group shot. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Looks REALLY good, nice mix of models and lovely paint work!

Thank you for the kind words :slightly_smiling_face: I hope the final result will stand up to it.

This month’s first unit are Gladestalkers. I used the old 6th Ed waywatchers. As this is a classic scouting and ambushing unit, I decided to give them a suitable base and even

(shiver :wink:) went under the MMC, because I think they should act more ‘tactical’ then even the common Sylvan Kin.

8 Likes

This is going to be a really nice army! Will I be able to see it live in November in Osnabrück at the 2. Gnoblars Cup?

Yes, I think so :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Next ones are an Elven Archmage and a Deagon Kindred Lord :wink::owl:

15 Likes

I adore the owl! :owl:

3 Likes