The Hallow - Quarantine Herd Army

About a year later (ignoring that I took the winter off :grimacing: ), I just put the finishing touches on my dark fae Herd army! Originally this was headed to Sylvan Kin but suddenly everybody was making those during Quarantine, plus Boskwraiths were real bad pre-Halpi and I really wanted some regiment spam action. Thankfully Herd are still like among the ultimate underdogs of KOW, and Spirit Walkers some of my favorite regiments. Anyway, pics:

3000+ points of half scouting, half wild charging angry tree-ish peoples. All the big things are repainted Golem Arcana Zykia and the small stuff are 3D prints sculpted by Lord of the Print. Plus one plastic GW owl :owl:

Was able to get a couple games in last weekend, and a) wow was I rusty and b) wow do I not understand how to make this army do whatever it is it does :expressionless:

14 Likes

looking great

2 Likes

awesome :star_struck:

2 Likes

wonderful looking army just get more games in and I’m sure you’ll be rolling over people in no time

2 Likes

I find it takes me at least 6 months to a year of playing time to really ‘get’ a new army

They look fantastic, very themey and effective painting

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Worth noting that this was some of the most satisfying army painting I’ve done, almost all contrast + washes with zero drybrushing.

Speaking of gaming, I have loads of slightly different 2300 point lists, but this is the one I’m going to try to make work:

Forest Shamblers Horde
Forest Shamblers Horde
Forest Shamblers Horde
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Centaur Striders Troop
Centaur Striders Troop
Tree Herder - Trickster’s Wand
Tree Herder
Great Chieftain - Lute of Insatiable Darkness
Forest Warden
Forest Warden
2300 // 27 US

Of the two games I’ve played, one was a version with a druid instead of the second warden, which was nice for the go-wide inspiring and dedicated BC, but I really wanted more chaff / control pieces. The other had a flying beast instead of both wardens, and while she did work I also felt really reactive otherwise and didn’t enjoy having so little to do besides wait to get punched.

I’ll acknowledge that I have the points to go Wiltfather in this list, which is most tempting because of the vicious aura and how much VERDANT I have going on. But I don’t like losing anything to do in my shooting phase (besides surge maybe?), and I don’t like how popular Wiltdad is (I’d prefer he was still Sylvan Kin only and locked out of allies), and I don’t like units that cost 300+ points :stuck_out_tongue: If I do give in, I’ll likely boil the great chieftain down into a druid again, tho I really like mighty combat individuals in the meta now.

EDIT: Hard to deny how tempting that is …

Forest Shamblers Horde
Forest Shamblers Horde
Forest Shamblers Horde
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Spirit Walkers Regiment
Centaur Striders Troop
Centaur Striders Troop
Wiltfather - Sacred Horn
Tree Herder
Druid - Conjurer’s Staff, Bane Chant (2)
Forest Warden
Forest Warden
2300 // 27 US

2 Likes

Very nice, great theme to this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great theme! And so good to see a herd army.

I think Herd have some super strong units and can do a great fast alpha / glass hammer list

1 Like

Came to find this for a closer look after reading the battle reports.
It’s a cool theme nicely executed, well done.

2 Likes