The Herd in 3ed, what happened?!

I just want my Brutox back.

1 Like

You can still use him as the Beast of nature. The same goes for the Avatar of the father or Chimera. The only really missing units in the 3ed Herd are stampede, chariots (both “merged” into Minotaur chariots), great eagles and great totem.

1 Like

Could just use rules for Earth Elemental or Tree herder. That’s what the main aim in 3rd was- Mantic models. Company has to sell product to stay open.

1 Like

Seriously considering using Orcs as the list for my beastmen.

The only units that are problematic are the war hounds as none are alliable and anything with a spear.

Everything else seems to have a counter part. The army even looks more Crushing 1 than Pathfinder.

Northern Alliance :slight_smile:

NA are definitely an option. But while they have Tundra Wolves they lack the cavalry and chariots. Also only the Huscarls are heavy infantry and my beastmen are on 25mm. The Orcs have some great heavy infantry characters.

1 Like

Also, I am a bit squeamish about using a Good alignment list to represent an evil army - it would have to be Varangur.

Herd is neutral, not evil, but Varangur might be a good option as well.

1 Like

Ha, you’re right. My beastmen are on the darker side of neutral!

1 Like

Frostfang Cav hordes make for good chariot counts-as and the Varangur—as you mentioned before—have excellent normal cav options for you as well.

Orcs are another solid pick—especially if you’re looking to recreate those Vetock beastmen which were a return to brown orcs.