The Scrying Gem

I recently started playing Kings Of War. Several friends have been playing for some time. I fought one the other day who used the Scrying Gem during deployment. He insisted that it worked during each time I deployed a unit. I believe it works when I deploy my first unit only as it says “when starting to deploy”. Two other friends agreed with him. What say you fellas?

2 Likes

Absolutely NOT each unit!

“When starting to deploy their units, your opponent must deploy D3+1 units instead of a single one.”

That’s quite clearly what you were saying.
KoW doesn’t need people pulling crap like this. If you can’t avoid playing them again, don’t take their word for any other rules.

2 Likes

Agreed, your interpretation is the correct one @rehume.

2 Likes

yeah… it kicks in when your opponents first deployment starts, and forces them to deploy extra thato ne deployment turn.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ll mention what you said and see what they reply.

1 Like

If it had said ‘when each unit is deployed’…

The thing I’ve noticed with KoW rules is that the simplest answer is usually the correct one. KoW relies on subtle rules and player strategy so if someone seems like they are making something rather complex just to suit their needs, they are probably not playing the ‘spirit’ of the game.

I hope your friend made an honest misinterpretation of the rule and wasn’t just pulling one on you.

2 Likes