Uncharted Empires

We won’t have to wait long to see. But i doubt that Minotaurs on foot will be a seperate entry.
Books should gettong into players hands soon and the real info on the lists will be out.

Guardian Brutes are a mix of different beasts - minotaurs, owlbears, shamblers, forest trolls… large sized stuff.

Minotaur chariots are chariots pulled by minotaurs. Longhorns ride in the chariots.

4 Likes

This is legitimately one of my biggest questions of 3E, solved :laughing:

2 Likes

Useful info.

Is there a minotaur minotaur unit?

Not saying it couldn’t be done well but struggling to envisage it. I hope there’s some art that sells the concept.

Would be interested to hear the rationale behind the unit.

There is art.

The unit was requested by Kris Kaspner.

There is no minotaur minotaur unit.

Cheers for the info.

Looking forward to the book coming through and getting the full picture.

BEST.IDEA.EVER

Will there be Mantic models?
Or should we start looking for models to make the conversion.

If I was a herd player, I would make a Minotaur pulling a chariot that is ridden by a Minotaur. Then call it my:

MAXitaur chariot!

hehee… all for the puns

1 Like

No immediate plans for these. Too many other things to get to first!

Are there chariot chariots?

1 Like

Yo dawg…

3 Likes

Underwhelmed with some parts of the book.

Militia and Polearms no longer have troop options.
Beast of War is now Mammoth, no shooting option, so no Steam Tank.

I like the Assassin. Fanatic Instigator. Cannons are better. Pikes are nice. Indomitable Will is good.

I think the troop options should have stayed. Let KoM have their numbers & flexibility. I still like the list.

Not surprised the militia/polearm troops went.

Most really cheap units lost/didn’t have troop options, means the shieldwall troops now have a reason to exist, plus given how certain players spammed polearm troop they went from a gaming perspective.

This latter point would have been the driver for some of the changes in the other lists as well

Pretty underwhelmed by the Herd list.

1 Like

Can anyone give some info about Free Dwarfs? Wondering if all slayer army is possible, where berserker infantry are regular unit?

1 Like

Yeah. Herd lost their "big guy " too…
Through all the lists , it seems Mantic took out a lot of units they do not make modeks for.

Berserkers foot are regukar in the Free Dwarf list.
Dwarf spear levy 4/4 pathfinder phalanx
Shieldbreakers have scout pathfinder
Missile troops have pathfinder
Brocks have a throwing axe option 10/20
Rangers are regular

1 Like

Buy a Tree Herder.

Edit: Sorry for the throwaway comment.

What I meant was that they clearly want us to go and buy some Forces of Nature minis. I understand that but it feels a bit heavy handed.

I’m going to moan about this for a week and then get on with playing it as a new list or dropping them for something else.

1 Like

Meh…I guess. But if you don’t take any Forest Shamblers or Elementals you are paying a premium for Surge you wont use.
There are a lot of other good solid melee choices so I don’t see it as a good choice in most lists.
Mantics Herd theme is a bit different than the " normal " Beastmen list.

1 Like