• Troop Revenant Cav
  • Regiment Soul Reaver Infantry
  • Necromancer - Heal 3 (replace Surge), Inspiring Talisman
  • Revenant King on Flying Wyrm
  • Revenant King on Flying Wyrm

Tactical Reasoning: Classical beatstick. Most opponents should lack enough firepower to let the Reavers + Kings reach combat relatively intact. 2 flyers at this points level is tough to deal with. Revenant cav act as sticky chaff. Necro acts as an annoying source of Inspiring, taking the odd wound off of Def 5 units.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

That is very light on inspiring.
Looks hard to deal with, but also hard to score with.
Using any of those units to score is an expensive unit without chaff or not posing a threat.

Keep in mind that this list will almost always be outnumbered and outdeployed, giving your opponents and edge in positioning.

Some cheap stuff to hold objectives and control board space (without holding back offensive power) would help a lot IMO.

I would trade in one of the expensive units for a bunch of zombies and some more inspiring.
Maybe also a revenant cavalry troop.

2 Likes

Pegasus vamps seem like a highly capable replacement for the flying wyrms. Mathematically similar damage output on a smaller base, plus inspiring, for less points. Enough points between the two to get some zombies, pretty sure, especially if you drop one of the 4! rev cav troops. 2x zombie reg + 3x rev cav troop seems like a decent blend.

2 Likes

I like the list as I played something very similar a few months ago. I think I shared it to @undead_rodent on Reddit too, as I see some changes I suggested there. :slight_smile:

The revenant cavalry are very good for their points, especially as glorified chaff in this list. I used three myself, but that’s because I did run some ghouls as additional chaff/flanking force. (2x ghoul troop + ghast + aura + gnome glass shield = slightly over 250 points for a surprisingly heavy hitting flank that’s faster than you’d think.)

That said, OP clearly favours flyers over ghouls and I suggest to try both to try out what works. The rev king has one major advantage over the vampire-peg, it’s a lot more survivable! In this list, the titan-base shouldn’t matter that much and the survivability does! If I were in his shoes I’d take the flying titans over the vampire-on-pegasus any day.

One small point of criticism: I would not swap out the surge on the necro. There will be ample opportunity to use your rev-cav for surge shenigans (move, 90 degree turn, surge = flank charge) which will suddenly make them very deadly for a cheap chaff shield.

1 Like

Is the intent to tank with the flyers? Nimble flyers seem like they’re there to threaten or eventually grab flanks (or rears :drooling_face:), being bogged in combat is the opposite. Vampasuses being great at the former and mediocre at the second, especially with wavering factored in.

Which is me agreeing the flying titans are more survivable, if that’s a thing flying murder machines are desired to be!

1 Like