Undead 3rd edition sneak peek

I’ve suspected 3E would up the points on mounts, they seemed to be significantly undercosted in 2E, unless your mount does something you don’t care much about (Sallies include TC1 but that’s irrelevant in many cases, where you just want mobility ala almost all other generic mounts).

It’s interesting to see the increase in synergy and army uniqueness. Going to keep the faith that the RC maintains balance on these increasing nuances.

1 Like

Significant points for a mount that does not add TC. But that must be the norm for 3rd.

I think we are getting an army wide “reel back in”.

Something that was said on FFS was about cannons and how they got heavily nerfed from 1st Edition. So hard that they dont see any real competitive play. 3rd edition we will see cannons again and will keep monsters and perhaps dragons in check.

I think the 4 units we see from Undead is evidential that we can see Undead is being “reeled back in”. I’ve always thought they were top teir. I’m hoping to see other armies with the same level of thought and tactical options.

I like the thematic play, so the zombie theme and special rules makes the game fun. Lets keep it tight though so it doesnt turn into memorizing all these special rules for every army. Thats crazy and backwards movement.

1 Like

I never saw Undead as " top tier". But maybe im wrong. Do they win or place high in lots of tourneys and I just don’t see it?
I’d like to think its not only certain armies being " reeled in " but all armies being balanced out.
A great opportunity with 3rd.

Haven’t done the thing in full but can see what the intention was - to get units doing what they were sorted of intended to do.

Zombies ARE cr*p - they should die in massive numbers, but you don’t care. There was no downside to sticking heroes on mounts, so tweaks/price increases is a positive - hopefully other armies infantry characters get the odd similar buff.

Giving most spell casters access to most/all spells wasn’t a great idea - this way the game can tailor stuff. Vampires losing surge as default is good - lots of people never used it anyway, plus now you pay for simply running vampires as only heroes.

1 Like

The big downside to putting a hero on a mount was that it turned them into a soft target for opening Blizzard salvos. Hopefully they toned down that spell too. It was too good for the points.

Undead rank well in the Top 25% section of -28’s article.
https://dash28.org/2019/08/22/state-of-play-further-delving-the-darkest-depths-of-the-metagame-in-kings-of-war/

2 Likes

Yeah then i guess Elves really need to be " reeled in ". :grinning:

3 Likes

Testify!!!

2 Likes