Undead painting project

A short video this time around, weather has been abysmal here, so haven’t been able to prime.

2 Likes

I’d not seen that necromancer before - looks good! Like the brighter colours on him.

1 Like

More necromancers are always fun. Strange, I can’t remember that guy’s name either.

1 Like

it’s the legendary version of Mortibris The Necromancer from Dungeon Saga. Lovely model

2 Likes

@Gerrcinn is right, that is the chaps name. Fantastic sculpt.

Managed to paint some things despite the heatwave here.

1 Like

Add some command groups to my Zombies. These are converted from a Mantic Zombies, Fireforge Mongolian, and Northstar Light Elves.

5 Likes

Finished this Regiment today.

9 Likes

Regiment of spear Skellies done.

8 Likes

So with this the challenge comes to an end. The Undead army is mostly finished. Will keep updates going, but I doubt I’ll be doing a unit a week again.

10 Likes

Impressive output for a couple of months! Cheers for posting the video, good to get a close look at the units. I like the brighter colour scheme, green & white, stops them looking drab or too murky - some evil armies can be a bit depressing to look at.

Encouraging words too! I agree with the better painted (nearly any standard) over a few well painted figures - and I speak as someone who’s been terrible at fielding painted armies in the past. My mates sometimes fluorescent undead looked better than my undercoated units.

1 Like

Cheers, I try to steer away from the all too common ‘Black & Red’ for evil forces.

I too used to play with unpainted models, old friends used to nag at me and make me the butt of their jokes for not painting. Having moved away from them I have found that I enjoy painting when there is no pressure applied to paint… that and Army Painter’s coloured primers and washes really help.

2 Likes