Using Twilight Kin 2023

Hey, thanks. I hope my list is a fresh breath in comparison to the lists you’ve seen. A few duplicates, but no more than in most other lists from other armies. I see though that I’ve picked some of the popular choices, but not all the auto-includes like Planar with heal. I would like to have it, but I don’t like what I’m sacrificing to get ut in this list. I’ve also made a cookie-cutter list I might try soon just to see, but it is what I play now that will hit the table in January.

I play UB and also as play by email, which make it very different from play accross the table. It makes every turn a puzzle/challenge to be solved. I think it is fun to play with the new TK like this. I feel like most battles are quite even and engaging for both parts. I’ve also got quite even scores from playing, 7-1-6 I think against very skilled opponents. I guess some might say the list isn’t good enough by those results, but I think it is good balance. Of course, this is before everyone else get the CoK 24 changes.

What the future holds when people have played them for a while and the CoK 24 meta has solidified remains to be seen :wink:

3 Likes

Game VS Jon, a long time nemesis. He is going for EoD as in our first game together. Now though it is filled with a lot more scouts and surge, and I play the new TK. Scenario is Control, so it atleast give me the options to sit back and hold the line to avoid surge shenanigans, but only for so long…

Lists below

After scouts!

Most of EoD forces that can scouts up, except skeletons on top left. He sacrifice left flank, while having a heavy right flank with his CS 2 horde and other horde following closely, with Rhas there to give them Me 3. I must hipe to break left flank and centre quickly and hold the right. But two dragons in the centre is a huge deterrent to such plans…

After T1 which I got

I moved up the battleline in the left to threaten the left/centre and pulled back on to right to slow things down. I left an opening between te lines for mutants to get out, but that means he can get in… let see what he does with the many options available. I manged to rout the skeletons on the left, which was a bit lucky, but failed to hex the monolith, which was unlucky. One for one there. I think I would’ve preferred the hex as I got plenty of time left to finish the skeletons. I have no idea of what to expect from Jonathan’s army, but I hope keeping the line (mostly) will save me from the worst he got to offer.

After B1

The Eod army shambles slowly forward, but don’t commit anything. I take this as a sign that I’ve managed to plug all openings so far, or perhaps he is just lulling me into a false sense of safety.

After T2

I didn’t roll high enough WC on impaler horde to reach revenants, or else there would be some combats here. Spiky rolls in shooting phase sees a lot of damage on the revenants, all other attacks failed, but got the weakness through. Hex failed again. Bring hex against EoD they said, it’s the best way to deal with the Monolith they said. Well, still not seeing much of that :smiley:

After B2

He sent his mummies in on the assassin and the phantoms as expected. I was hoping the phantoms would hold, but the banner guy with strider aura ran ahead and tipped the scales. Still the plan is somewhar wirking, but I must push harder on the left/centre.

After T3

Got the WC I needed this turn, so went all in to finish off a revenant horde. The mummies that charged the assassin got flanked, and the mutants also got to play. Still holding the line very good, would probably not be possible in a live game though.

After B3

He goes in with all his big guns. Double wyrm go up against the impalers, but can’t quite punch through their big shields. The strong revenant horde make quick work of the mutants and turn to face the terror. He casts drain life on the assassin, which doesn’t like that one bit and heads for safer territory.

After T4

Counterpunches sees the dangerous revenant horde gone along with one of the wyrms. I could’ve tried to block more things up with my units on the bottom right, but I want to keep them alive to score. He will finally have the openings EoD needs. Let’s see what he does with them.

After B4

Not a great turn for Jon, he picked up the impaler horde, but got the wrong roll on overrun, opening up a flank. Revenants horde fluffed a bit on skiffs that were protected by bloodhex. Rhas went in to block rather than try surge mummies to the flank. I guess I failed to consider that while EoD had a lot of pieces left, most of them were support pieces, so they were not so dangerous as I had imagined.

T5

Another good turn for me, or rather a turn where nothing goes wrong. Most of EoD is gone and I start thinking about final placements for objective when doing reforms.

After B5

He wants to keep playing to train for scenario/tournament play. Even when the game is decided, points can be gained in a tournament setting.

After T6

Got the mummies, so only the characters left of EoD. Chariots still score though, so I spread out to get to most zones. I considered doing a cheeky side-step with impalers after combat, but decided against it.

After B6 (end of game)

Jon chose to save units rather than trying for crazy luck. He rolled up a T7, which will mean I probably can get all the zones, but I will not spend time for that at this point.

Thanks to Jonathon for a good tactical challenge against the ever dangerous EoD. Been a while since we played, and was nice to get a game in with the new TK. I think the win was helped by that I got the time to position perfectly to avoid surge shenanigans. Also the wider frontage of impalers, and having “many” units makes this easier. I don’t know if the hex has a super impact on the list, but it tips the scale here and there and I’ve won every game since that change…

3 Likes

A game against our competing group, on the west coast of Norway. Truls is always nice to play against. Last time I played him live he used rats, this time he is using their (former) masters. Mission is control.

After scouts

Both of us spread out, me more than him. Both hide our chaff. He doesn’t place War engines together, maybe due to the assassin. Assassin scouted up to get T1 charge on the flying overmaster, if I only get that T1.

After T1 to Abyssal Dwarfs.

He gets T1 and do some chip damage to skiffs, fortunately I placed them under La’theal’s protection for stealth. He moves his flyer out of assassin range, and advance up to the edge of the forest on the left flank with his grotesques. The golems takes the high ground in his centre.

After B1

I used skiffs and impalers to protect my caster from the flying char on hill, but that was unnecessary when I shortly after enthralled him off of the hill. The assassin and crone shot away the gargoyles. Cautios advance.

After T2

Fying hero went into the skiffs, and the rest of centre/right flank moved up to take advantage from the disruption in my lines. Grotesques enters the forest, but stays out of my chargerange. Gargoyles are held back to block me up when needed.

After B2

I positioned the skiffs wrong last turn, so the impalers were to be in the overmasters rear. To avoid putting them in a dangerous position, I had to pull back the skiffs and reduce the chanse of routing the overmaster. Failing banechant didn’t help either, so he survived, but got wavered at least. I am still holding back with most of my stuff, as I feel I have more to gain by doing so… Assassin charged halfbreeds to strip them of thunderous and putting another -1 to dmg on them, making them dmg on 6s on my def 6 units. Phantoms are sacrificed to save the skiffs, but they are inspired, so might live if only attacked by one unit. I got hex off on the ironcaster, so he will get badly damaged if he gets his 6 inch surge into my impalers.

After T3

He surprised my assassin by turing the golems and surge them into him, after backing up with the halfbreds. The ironcaster got very hurt by the hex though and took 10 damage, but got healed back to six by the supreme ironcaster. Assassin survived and was fine, even against the stronger assault than expected. Grotesque champion was sacrificed to block up impalers, while the other golem horde moved up the centre. Grotesque hordes also turn to the centre, abondoning the left flank. Gargoyles was sent in to cover their flanks. La’theals stealthy protected fleetwardens from fireball from supreme ironcaster.

After B3

Assassin shrugged off the surprise attack, and charged around the golems to get at the supreme ironcaster. He managed to do the one important damage to shut down spells and flying. Though it might cost him in return. Double charge down hill on golems, did 7 dmg, good start, and with no heals, I might pick them up next turn. Skiffs killed grotesque champ, impalers killed flyer hero. La’theal routed the ironcaster, which led to the halfbreeds being unispired, for a cheeky kill on them by phantoms. Other phantoms went in to chaff up grotesques, while I routes his chaff on the left. All in all a good turn, and I think I am very much ahead in this game now.

After T4

First units of twilight kin to rout. Phantoms gets it, fleetwardens get killed by golems, and assassin gets routed by the supreme ironcaster. Assassin did a good job this game before heading home though, the same can be said for the others as well. Grotesques into terror don’t do much when hitting on 5s, shooting is doing some dmg to the impaler horde.

After B4

TK really brings the hurt this turn, and I rout three hordes. I lock down the supreme ironcaster again, but with all his other stuff routed, it has some more options. His final golem horde face iff against impalers in the front, and he has to hope shooting does something magical in T5.

End of game
After some deliberation, Truls decided to end the game here, which is fair. Again hex played a big role, helping me remove the ironcaster surge threat. Loss of inspiring also saw AD units disappear quicker than expected. Other key things from the game was that my shooting was more effective than his, forcing him to come to me, which gave me the advantage in the chaff game especially. The second turn with the flyer Individual disruptiing my lines was a bit hairy, but after I found a solution to that problem, I felt well incontrol of the game.
Thanks for the game, hope to see you live in January.

4 Likes

Game against Steve and his Goblins. It’s a bit less long-range shooting than last time, but more melee power. Scenario is push w two tokens each. List below.

After deployment and scouts.

I spread wide to not give him an easy run up eother flank wity the tokens. He spread out as well. From his token placemt it seems he plans to push up through the centre and grab the token there on the way. I hope to get mine accross on the right flank, shielded by the builings there.

After T1 to Goblins

Goblins move up carefully, little in the way of shooting, except for putting hex on my crone.

After B1

I combine all my shooting on the goblin king on chariot, hoping for a kill. At least I got a waver. Apart from that I also advance carefully, slightly shifting the weak left flank to centre. Also setting up the terror to charge anything that goes into impalers. Phantoms on right flank begins the moves to get a flanking position.

After T2

He moves carefully up and do some plink damage. None of us have access to healing, so such damage will stick.

After B2

I focus fire on the right flank again and manage to rout the goblin king and the rabble. Phantoms move up to flank the mincer, right flank is soon secure. The left flank pull back or continue to move towards the centre. The centre holds is position. As it turns out, I should’ve pivoted my impaler horde. The wizard war sees his wiz hexed, while my hexed crone sits this one out.

After T3

His flanked mincer holds its position, I suppose to stop the phantoms from seeing other targets past it. Shooting is surprisingly strong this turn and impaler horde goes down even with stealthy, pesky wing-its moved up to shoot them around the shields. The impaler regiment on left flank fared no better and got routed by rabble! Not as consequential all the way over there, though. Groany makes his move, but fail to rattle the navigator. The rest of the centre advance slowly.

After B3

I send in three units to take care of a rabble horde. This will probably make most goblin generals cackle with glee, but at least they got the job done. More importantly, nothing threathens the victorious elves next turn. Navigator pins down the goblin rabble regiment, which in turn pins down the mincer mob behind them. Phantoms goes into mincer flank, and, with the help of crone, routs it. La’theal finish of the wiz. Mutants eats up groany and pull back out of range of counter charges. On the left flank I have a tactical choice with my fleetwardens; pull back to live another turn, or like I did, pin the goblin rabble for another turn. Might not matter in the end, but who knows.

After T4

The fleetwardens on left flank gets obliterated, as was the risk I took. Goblin king, rabble and mincer team up to take down the navigator and his skiff. Mincer mob can’t charge, but positions cleverly to reduce units charging them to a minimum. Goblin shooting does very little this turn. Goblin hordes on the left flank start marching towards the centre. The horde in the centre moves up the field, the game is nearing the end, and they want to get that token across.

After B4 (end of game)

A lot of charges this turn, nearly all my remaining units join in. Phantoms charge wing-its, mainly to block up the rabble hordes behind it. Terror and impaler SB charge the rabble horde with token. Added benefit that the terror now shields impaler from sight of shooting. Mutants charge another goblin king, thos kne on a chariot. Fleetwardens charge down hill at the mincer. Assassin cfwtre the rabble regiment in the centre. Skiffs charge the mincer mob and is backed up by bane chant and a weakness with damage in the flank. I don’t win all the ckmbats, but I do ein tye most important one; mincer mob is routed and I grab a token and remove his most significant hammer. At the loss of the mincer mob, my opponent concedes the game. That seems a fair assessment, and I’ve been no better, conceding two games to the goins earlier after beeing shot to death before doing any real damage myself.

End of game thoughts
I spread out across the line in this scenario to “force” him to do the same. I think that really helped as his army was split in two (also helped by the large central forest). My units can react and “redeploy” quicker once the chips are down (tokens placed), and that really showed in this game. I think I would’ve struggled as I always do against goblins if it not had been for that central forest though. I also changed tactics and saved my phantoms rather than using them as screens for one turn before they get routed.That beeing said, it was still a challenging game, thanks again Steve!

3 Likes

Game against Erasmus and MMU dwarfs. Scenario is loot, lists below.

I got to place the first token, put in the middle on the left, making room for no more there as I prefer to play wide. I got to choose table sides as well. I felt bottom was beetter even with the big building. It can be used as an anchor erly/mid game.

After scouts

Just getting assassin in range for shooting if I get T1. Rangers approach carefulully, not willing to enter the forest yet.

After T1 to TK

He has a lot of shooting, so I cannot avoid all of it, but I do avoid the organ gun at this time. Defensive measures like stealthy or bloodhex is put in place. Moved up slighty across the board and in range of all tokens for next turn. Shooting was a bit disappointing, but to kill the Brocks would be a bit lucky (needeing a 9 once with avrg dmg.)

After B1 to dwarfs

The dwarven line advance carefully, keeping formations tight to protect their flanks.
Note the position of the dwarf lord on large beast. Leaderpoint cleverly in between the two ranger regiments behind. So if I am to go up and snatch the loot token with my terror, I might face a triple charge there.
Defences that was put in place held up against the dwarven shooting. Brocks managed to break the glass shield. I must consider how to deal with them, assassin might not be able to do it himself.

After T2

I wanted that token with my terror, so I set up my casters to help. La’theal was to windblast the fireoil guys and crone to throw weakness at the other. More shooting gets shut down as the phantoms charge the sharpshooters. It is a weird way to use chaff, but as he has few hammers and actually relies on doing some damage before committing, I felt it was an ok choice. Impalers on the hill move back slightly to get out of range of organ gun that moved up. I probably give it too much credit, but I don’t need to risk it at this stage. Left flank holds its position more or less, mutants back out of charge from brock troop.
#UBdice went completely mental this turn. La’theal does 7 hits and 6 dmg on the rangers with her windblast. Skiffs, in return, does 0 dmg, on the other rangers. At least they get weakness on. Hex fails. The same goes for combat. One phantoms routs the sharpshooters, the other fail to do even one dmg. Assassin fail to rout the brocks, but that was a bit dodgy after poor shooting last turn. All in all an ok turn, I rather have assassin rout the brocks than the other swings go my way, but 6 dmg on rangers is nice, puts them close to the edge.

After B2

The dwarfs moves closer on the left flank. The dogs feast on the impalers, and combined with the rest of shooting does 8 dmg. Putting them in danger for whatever will hit them next. Brocks have a good turn and unexpectedly routs the assassin. It was not a good idea to be greedy it seems. Rest of shooting does little. Sharpshooters routs phantoms on a counter charge. His king on large beast circle the terror rather than tangle with it, a wise choice.

After T3

I take less chanses with the brocks on right flank this turn, and skiffs and crone sees them off. It was a bit iffy, but weakened and hindered charge would be less scary.
The terror chose to not charge the obvious target (rangers) , but goes for the organ gun instead. That will put it closer to cebtre objective and out of charge from rangers (If I can pull off windblast again). Fleetwardens on the keft charge the brocks to block them from attacking mutants. Fleetwardens on the right charge the kkng on large beast. I hope to do one damage to strip nimble, but move impalers awkwardly to be safe, just in case. Bottom left stays eerie still, but I get a hex off on the boomstick wielder. Phantoms moves to look at enemy rear, but can’t move far enough to get LOS past sharpshooters. La’theal manages to windblast rangers away from terror, but does 0 dmg this time arohnd, still the most important part of the job is done. Terror routs the organ gun and fleetwardens put dmg on king on large beast, trapping him.

After B3

Three units combine their might to take out the fleetwardens on the left flank. Ironguard moves far up and expose their flank to the Soulbane impaler, but also block the mutants more effectively. Brocks shifts to get out range from phantoms. The other dwarf units are mindful at the threat ar their backs, and only the left sharpshooters are offering up a charge. King on large beast fails to rout the fleetwardens and is at the terror’s mercy. It has none. The windblown rangers make an ordered march to get back in the game. Dwarven shooting is very ineffective this turn, impaler horde stays at 10dmg.

After T4

The terror takes the rear, which means it will again rely on WIndblsdt to be safe. La’theal does the job again, and piyts the rangers out of the fight for a turn with a waver, just the distance wouldn’t be enough. The terror does a massive 13 damage and seals the King’s fate. The skiffs charge the other rangers, also to keep the terror safe, and does a bit of damge. Impaler regiment picks up a loot token, and pivots out of range of shieldbreakers. I am pushed to make a move on the left flank now. Mutants charge IC and routs them. The navigator throws herself in front of the steelbehemoth. Impalers on hill w 10 damage must do something before they go, so they attack some IC and wavers them. The impaler SB attacks the IC to the left to prevent a flank charge on the impaler horde, but this might give brock regiment a charge on the Soulbane… To stop this, phantoms fly uo behind the IC he is fighting, to stop them from backing up and opening up for the brocks to charge. As a bonus, the phantoms are in a good position to be annoying next turn as well. There is a significant amount of damage spread across the remaining dwarven force, so I expect to make a few more routs next turn.

After B4

My opponent geys a good turn here, perhaps deserved after some turns of lackluster shooting. Impaler horde goes down expectedly. Rangers waveres the skiffs, which could endager my tokens if they pick them up next turn. Phantoms are shot off unfortunately. Behemoth pivoted past the navigator to help kill the mutants, didn’t see that coming. That opened up for the brocks to kill the navigator. I’m a bit less confident after this turn, especially if it goes to T7. Atleast his hitty stuff can be krpt at bay for at least one more turn.

After T5

IC Regiment that fought the impaler horde pivoted to get out of impaler range arc, but forgot about the nimble Soulbane at their back and paid the price. The impaler regiment charged the IC the SB was fighting and got a lucky kill. Big difference to get to turn to face rather than getting hit in the flank. La’theal did as she has been all gsme and finally offed her mark. I got weakness on the other rangers, but no eaver unfortunately. Terror only got a waver on shieldbreakers as well, don’t know about the odds there. Impalers with token turn to run off with it. Fleetwardens in forest grabs the token the terror dropped, and turn on bloodhex just in case. It is going to be a tight game if this goes to turn 7, but I think I have control if we stop at 6. Unless his shooting does something spectacular, which they might :wink:

After B5

Impaler regiment goes down under combined assault from brockriders and steel behemoth. Rangers fail to waver skiffs this time, and is now in trouble themselves. Shooting puts more damage on the loot carrying impalers, but not enough to rout them yet.

After T6

I tried to figure out the best way to secure the win, I went with tring to shut down everything. Impalers SB sacrifice himself to the brocks. La’theal gets a waver on the boomstick guy. Terror kills shieldbreakers and backs up to block LOS from one sharpshooters. The other sharpshooters got a weakness, but no dmg for ne roll. I finished off the tangers as well, so at least one token is safe. Now he got one sharpshooters at cover/stealthy/weakness to shoot off my impalers.

After B6

With all the blocking/mitigatipn he gets one damage on the impalers with token, but they hold for now. Impaler SB is routed. His caster heroes line up curiously…

After T7 (end of game)

The terror take the bait fir a possible triple kill, but only kill boomstick guy and roll a 1 for overrun. Still it kills off one dangerous unit. Skiffs position themself to block lod to impals from sharpshooters. La’theal fknish ofg the brock troop, and places herself in such a way that the steelbehemoth cannot get in range of the fleetwardens. Fleetwardens kill some sharpshooters. At the end of my turn I’ve ensured that both my token carriers are 100% safe and we end the game there.

End of game thoughts
The battle plan of deleaying on the left (with my most powerful hammer!) And grab the other tokens worked, but not flawlessly so there was a nailbiter to the end where he had a chanse to kill impalers that were running of with token. Assassin routed erly this game, and I really missed him for the rest of the game. Well played Erasmus and thanks for the game.

5 Likes

Thanks for the game!

My report is here

Now that I have actually faced the new Twilight Kin:

I lost, so obviously they’re… fine, my plan fell apart as soon as the terror hit the table.
I still felt I had a (increasingly slim) shot to draw or win to chase all game, as I would in a similar situation against other armies.

The heroes do a lot of work; doing damage, inspiring and debuffing enemies (weakness or stealthy).
La’theal was particularly effective, casting spells and keeping units stealthy and inspired all game.
She rolled well and the match up was a good situation for her potentially situational abilities though.

Which feels right. Heroes that have done unspeakable things to gain power from The Void driving the army seems on brand.
There are also a bunch of weird units like in nightstalkers, as there should be.

It also feels like Twilight Kin have and rely on some “dirty tricks”, again nicely in theme. It’s good if it’s gotten right, but a misstep will cost you (so they are elves! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
Impalers are De 6+, but only forward, they’re extra susceptible to flanks even against shooting.
Mutants can shread things, but only if they get the charge, they waver easily and don’t hit back as hard (rely on TC)
Most of the army can be stealthy, as long as the heroes are safe.
Most units can be tough, but only for a turn.

It’s an interesting playstyle, plus the lore and theme are translated onto the table nicely.

5 Likes

I am quite late to the party, but that was a great report. It was quite interesting to see the game from both perspectives.

It was also neat to see the new Twilight Kin in action! I haven’t encountered them ever, but they look like a really intriguing army to play now, exploring a lot of complexity with facing (broadsiding Void Skiffs; Impalers with Big Shields, etc). How did they feel to play?

I’ve never seen windblast hit so much! You made really good use of your spells and individuals this game. Well-played and thanks for the report!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.
With the broadside keep in mind thst you only have to have a sliver of the enemy unit in the flank arc, so in most cases the skiffs are avle to shoot and face forwards to their ieft or right. Only rarely was it a hinderance, and sometimes even a benefit. Beeing nimble really helps to get ehere ypu want to be and the angle you want to shoot from.
The big shield is very interesting on a def 4 unit, so extra care must be taken to keep them from getting flanked. It was rarely a problem. On the plus side it can take great advantage of the barkskin spell. But heal or weakness on opponent might still be better options.
For the rest of TK I think there are several options to play them. I prefer playing “tool-box” lists and I think the one I made with TK really fit that description and it is really fun to play, and hopefully against as well.
I was hoping to have them on the table for Norways biggest tournament this weekend, but a perfect storm picked apart all the things that needed to come together for it to happen. I hope to get back in the PBEM and battle reporting game soon though :wink:

3 Likes

About to start a new game with a new list. This TK list is made to be much more tanky and also to test out Mikayel. A bit of an odd piece in this list might be the assassin, but he is my signature character in TK lists since beginning of third edition, so I really want to keep him on board. In the coming games I’ll let my opponents choose which if my two lists to play, so they might alternate between games. The scenario is Invade.

My list

My opponent’s list

After Turn 1 which he got.

He moved up quite carefully, also took good advantage of the hill in the centre which becomes problematic for me. Beast of nature move into a flanking position on the left. No shooting this turn.

After B1

I deployed all impaler hordes to be able to go at the double if I got T1, it was much slower moving now with him taking advantage of first turn. I move up carefully as well, do some light damage and got a waver in. I also threw in the assassin on the hunters to halt the advance of his centaur horde, now stuck behind. I’m using the terror to block LOS to impaler flank, so they at least could advance straight.

After T2

I forgot to look for CoD, which was used to take of my assassin’s shield before combat, he survived at least. The rest of FoN bide their time. Beast keep looking for that juicy flank.

After B2

Roll quite good and remove my damage and dish out a lot of damage, picking up two units and get a waver. Crone and terror block impalers flank, so once again safe from the beast. But for how long? Mikayel run up the centre to provide threat, inspiring and dread. I give him many options to charge my softer targets, but I can do without one or two for a turn, I hope.

After T3

Pegasi go in to block, but I’m not too concerned, I think I can block him in turn. A surprise kill on my crone on left is no good, no more inspiring over there. Assassin got Mindfoged off the table as well, wss also surprised, but should’ve seen it coming. Apart from that nothing scary happened. Scorchwings attacked navigator, putting her out of doing her thing for a turn which is fine. The beast of Nature keep working that flanking angle, I think I can’t avoid it any longer.

After B3

A good round for me, getting all the reasonable routs and a bonus one from the phantoms. Centre impalers got a good WC roll and ran accross the field to rout the wavered Scorchwings, putting them securely in a scoring position as well. Positioning on the right flank ensure that the centaur horde can only fit against the phantoms. I might have some trouble on left flank with AC unicorn and beast in flanking position, but overall it seems to move towards a win for TK.

After T4

Beast of nature got the kill he was looking for. Centaur horde tries to escape their bad situation, but has to expose their flank to Mikayel… nothing much else happens.

After B4

Mikayel did a massive 16dmg to the centaurs, but the low nerve roll meant he still needed the help of phantoms for the rout there. Terror in rear of an infantry unit is a sure kill as well, else I didn’t get too much out of this round, but victory seems ensured.

And yes, we decided to end the game there. A key to winning this game was that the centaur horde never got to charge anything I think. I also had even or good dice for all the important parts of the game, which helps a lot. Invade is also simpler with less units, as I don’t need to spread out, but I did anyway, my units have large footprints.
From this match alone, this new list seems powerful. It’s weakness is fast stuff like the beast of nature, but it is only so much one beast can do. More games must be played to get a good feel for the list and what it can handle.

3 Likes

How do you feel Mikayel did?

1 Like

I think he served his part well this game, throwing inspiring, dread and threat where it was needed. Then getting to rout two units as well earned him his points back for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report!

The Twilight Kin are cool and all, but I had settled in with my coffee this morning to see if I could pick up any tricks for my Herd. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been considering adding some Centaurs, and I’ve been struggling to make good use of my own Scorchwings and Hunters of the Wild. Unfortunately, not the best showing for any of those units here…

To commiserate with your opponent, my Hunters can’t hold the line either. They have good stats, but as regiments, just don’t have the staying power to be a main battleline unit. I have also found Scorchwing regiments to be difficult to use. They are versatile, but require a lot of brainpower to position things in order to get those shots off… but with only 7 shots and lacking Piercing, they can struggle against higher defense units. Your list is surprisingly tanky, so they didn’t have much to shoot at here it seems. Continuing, the Centaurs look scary on paper, but the TK were able to grind down the regiments and delay the horde very well. Overall, maybe your opponent should have tried to delay things more? Nature / Herd / Sylvan Kin seem to be quite fragile, and most list really need to get those pathfinding and flanking charges in, in order to be effective.

Your new and improved TK list is quite scary! Everything is just so unexpectedly sturdy! The Corsair Voidwalkers are a bit complex, but very strong if you can time the Bloodhex correctly, and three hordes of Impalers is crazy strong if you can get the Big Shields facing right. Doubling up on the Crones with Weakness seemed to be a great addition, and I’d like to see how they do in other match-ups. I feel like they should fly under the radar a lot of times and really do some work for you. The Assassin does seem like an odd man out in an otherwise defensive list, but honestly, having something to hunt individuals should be helpful, and I am sure you’ll find a use for him in most games. I hope he sticks around! Lastly, unrelated to the list-building, but that was a neat trick using the Terrors as line of sight blockers to protect your flanks.

Very well played! Thanks again for the report!

Thanks for the feedback. On the game, yes, said list need to stall others hammers to get their’s in. In this game unfortunately, his hammer was stalled with the help of hus own units, a big footprint like that is tough to get through from behind the lines.
I’m not sure the crones are flying under the radar anymore, certainly seem to be a lot of claims they are OP. I guess everyone has forgotten about ogre warlocks :D.
And yes, this list was made to be a super tanky list.
The assassin is indeed an odd choice fir this list, but I’ve had one in evrry TK list I’ve run since I started playing TK (behinning of 3rd ed), so he is my signature character :wink:

1 Like

Next Game is against Daniel and his Undead. A semi-speedy list with a lot of flyers and two vampires on dragons. Is this list a perfect counter to my very tanky (in front) TK list?

My list

My opponent’s list

After deployment

I chose table sides, and took the top for easier access to the centre token. After the troops are down we both have some big slow elements on opposing flanks, so who can bring them to bear in the centre first might determine the winner of the game. The dragon on his left flank might slow me down more than my voidwalkers on his right though! Hopefully Mikayel can deal with that dragon.

After T1

Moved up agressively on the left and grabbed a token with the terror, feels quite safe, as the dragon will be -2 to hit against it. A bit of damage was done on the right, and the rest of the line advanced carefully.

After B1

He turns the left dragon to the centre. The right flank shuffle slowly forward, except for a regiment of zombies that are surged ahead to dig from the stockpile.

After T2

Terror grab the second token on the left and turn to the centre, as the dragon has as well. I try to put some pressure on the dragon now, it can easily get away, but hopefully not also to where it want to be. All other elements move to reinforce the centre. More shooting do more damage, I had hoped to rout the zombies there, but lucked out on that. I’m keeping the wraiths weakened to reduce chance of popping assassin shield if they go for him.

After B2

Left dragon circle around for a cheecky Icy breath in the impalers’ flank. It also puts itself safe for counters, and in a bit troublesome spot. Voidwalkers are charged by wraiths, and will hopefully survive a few turns before dieing. All UD forces on right flank push up, and one wraith troop positioned itself to sow a heap of trouble, while my impaler horde is threatened by multiple hammers. I have to work next turn to stall the undead advance.

After T3

I struggled a bit to find a position to defend against the encroaching undead hordes. My center impales could advance while the Voidwalkers protect their flank, the left Impaler horde is not so lucky and has to turn away from the main fight to face the dragon. The terrors shuffles and turns while grabbing another token. The center wraith troop is causing me headache and I send the assassin in on what is probably a suicide mission to block them, he proceedes to walk right through the ethereal foe! Mikayel charges down the centre to rout some zombies. The zombies I have harrased with shooting from T1 finally withers to dust. Phantoms move in to block a double charge on the impalers on the right, but will it be enough to keep them alive?

After B3

The Dragons keep circling , but the wight hordes got to fight this turn. They didn’t do very well however, and the assassin’s shield stopped a ton of dmg, preserving his life, but leaving him quite shaken. Phantoms survived a flank from banechanted wraiths as well, so it was a really bad turn of combat for my opponent here.

After T4

The assassin steps nimbly out of the way to let the phantoms block the wight horde this turn. In the forest I move around several units to block a charge to my impaler’s rear. The dragon is out if the forest, so LOS is blocked from other dangerous charges. One terror runs away with the loot and it is protected as well by impalers and Mikayel. The impaler horde that was charged by the wight horde could charge the wights on the flank, as they couldn’t centre, and routed the wights. Both dragons was hit by weakness.

After B4

Dragon and wight horde combine their forces to take down an impaler horde. The other wight horde is not so lucky and the phantoms survive again! Terrible for my opponent to have to use three, or more?, turns to clear one piece of chaff. The dragon on the left circles some more and puts a couple of dmg on the terror with it’s icy breath. He gets a waver on the voidwalkers, but I’m just happy they are still alive.

After T5

The assassin’s way to Morgoth is clear and he goes for the prime target for assassin’s, even though it might not be the best tactical choice. Mikayel go to face a wight horde, and with some nice dice and help from the crone, he routs them!. The dice in this game is quite unfair, but all I needed was to block them for a turn. On the left the planar apparition charge his dragon to finally pin it down, and I just barely mange to do it. Other units there have closed in to make sure it cannot escape. One terror keep running away with the tokens. It is a very expensive, but also durable loot holder.

After B5

Both dragons get to fight this turn, but none of them mange to scare their opponents. The other undead units are more successfull, phantoms and voidwalkers finally succumb to the relentless assault.

After T6

Mikayel does his crazy thing and one-shots the dragon that attacked him! The trapped dragon is wavered and also out of the fight for a turn. Impalers that held a token in the forest dropp the token and rush out to block up the wight horde, while the final impaler horde grab said token. Assassin keep Morgoth busy.

After B6 (end of game)

Wight horde try to punch through the impalers’ shields, but can’t get them good enough. The zombies grab another token, I believe with the help of an illegal surge. However, my opponent could’ve dropped the token and picked it up with the wraiths, to achieve the same result :wink:

End of game thoughts.
I think one mayor key to victory this game was the huge blocking terrain piece in my opponent’s centre. It forces him to split his army, or focus on a limited part of the battlefield. I was hindered by the big forest in my centre as well, but got where I wanted in the end. Ofcourse the dice from turn 3 and on, when the real fighting started, helped as well. The planar didn’t do much healing this turn, but was a great help to block charges and to pin one dragon in place, so still did a lot of important work. The assassin did good work as well this game, blocking up a wight horde for a turn and then keeping Morgoth busy. All in all I felt my army performed well in this game, even against a supposed hard cpunter with a lot of flying and surge shenanigans to get in my flanks. Might not go so well if terrain/dice help less though. We’ll have to see in future games. Thanks again to my opponent for an interesting game.

3 Likes

A new battle is underway, this time against Mike. It seems my tanky list is about to face another tanky list, let’s see how that goes.

My list

His list

After deployment

I picked top to avoid blocking terrain in my centre deployment, but the forest might hurt me as much if I choose to be offensive. I spread out across the board to stop him from getting around my flanks with his soulflayers.

After T1 (which I got, I think he won the roll)

I moved carefully forward across the board. A bit of funny situation on the left where I did 0 dmg to the Soulflayers, but I got Mindfog in and rolled a 6,6 for a waver. The crone on the right did 3dmg to butchers.

After B1

He shuffles forward slowly and carefully as well, heals some dmg on the butchers.

After T2

More careful positioning, Voidwalkers on the right make a move to get closer to the centre. I keep harassing the Soulflayers with shooting, still donpoor dmg, but st least some. I fail to cast weakness on the right Soulflayers, which leaves my impalers slightly more voulnerable.

After B2

Most of is stuff is still very careful, except dreadfiend pn the left which forces my hand. He also made a move on the right on my impalers, but his butchers fluffed it up. His soulflayers are still not tempted to go after the assassin, and stay put for better opportunities.

After T3

Impalers on hill went down to rout the dreadfiend. The assassin moved up to their side si there would be room for no more than one unit to fit in front for the counter punch. The phantoms move up on the hill and does a very effective block all the charges from the side. Impaler on the righ counter charge the Soulflayers, before I move the crone, to keep them from shuffeling. This keep their flank safe in case they fail, which they did. I also threw weakness on both the butchers and soulflayers over there, another precation that worked out. Last, but not least, the impalers also got healed by the planar. A turn where all the tankyness of the list got to plsy together nicely. Voidwalkers attack the phantoms, but are very uneffective. Terror rout his phantom block. Rest in centre stays safe.

Ill also put a highlight here about footprint size. My impalers on the right have so large footprint, that the butchers and soulflayers are both in front. Had they been regular large infantry, they would have both units in flank in this case! The downside ofcourse is that I have trouble fitting an impaler horde to my opponent’s perfectly staggered line.

After B3

The lines clash, phantoms are routed as expected, but the rest if the line holds for now. Many thanks to weakness on the right I guess. He get some wavers in on the assassin an the navigator, which will give me trouble on the left flank, but his right flsnk is now exposed…

After T4

Both the terror and impalers in the forest had a flank on the butchers, si they took it to rout them, while the engaged impalers took care of the soulflayers. My units are a bit out of position after this move, but I’ve removed the threats on that flank, and barely avoided possible counters from his centre. Mikayel had to attack the Soulflayers on the left to stop them where the assassin failed. Impalers countercharged the butchers with hrlp of the terror, but without the help from the navigator they couldn’t rout them. The voidwalkers went in to block up counterpunches. Planar moved up to heal the impaler on the left flank rather then the right flank.

After B4

He routed to voidwalkers with the butchers and shadwhulk, turning one to each side after. Now the Shadwhulk is on the hill, and facing my impalers, good move by him. The terror run up to block the same impalers, inviting them to a -2 to hit charge. The fighting on the far left flank is still a stalemate.

After T5

The last elements of rogue nightstalkers on the right flank are removed. The impalers on the right doesn’t tak the bait, and brace for impact. I get a weakness in on the Shadwhulk to reduce the effect of its attack. On the left flank, the terror attack the central butchers, while the planar throws itself infftont of the butchers rrafy to flank the terror. Impalers buffed with BC and vicious aura finish off the butcher horde they were fighting, Mikayel and the assassin finish off the soulflayers. The impalers turn to face the centre, but that might’ve been a mistake as they open their flank to the planar.

After B5

The terror and shadwhulk slam into the impalers, but fail to rout them, same goes for the planar that puts a couple of dmg on my impalers on the left. Now all my impalers are heavily damaged, eith no healing left, how many will survive the battle?
My planar is routed by a horde of butchers, while the other horde fails to impress my terror.

After T6

I used some time trying to figure a way to ensure victory, and maybe mistakenly decided to srnd Mikayel to score in another zone rather than help finish off the butchers. Impalers routed the planar and the shadwhulk got routed as well by terror and impalers. My crone put herself in front of a butcher horde to stop charges on my terror’s rear. She also threw weakness in them in a hope to survive their onslaught. I look to have a good postition here, but if Mike is lucky he could turn this completely around…

B6 (end of game)

Mike found the mistake I knew I had left for him; the assassin! Counter charge, overrun into the impalers and wham he scores that zone instead of me, huge blunder by me. Fortunately, his terror couldn’t rout my other impaler horde to take control of my centre as well, so I just held on to a 4-2 victory. Great game, exciting to the end, thx Mike!

End of game thoughts
I knew my biggest problem going into this game was his healing battery. In my playstule I usually prefer to chip away at the enemy before committing my forces, but that was difficult here. I think I was really helped out with having banechant to assist in killing stuff in one go, however, Trickster’s Wand to hex his healers might’ve helped as well…

3 Likes

New game against Mike, I’m using my balanced TK list, while Mike got a shooty shenanigans NS list. Scenario is invade.

After deployment/scouts.

I have not played against this type of list before, neither did I have the time to properly read/understand Mike’s list before the game. This resulted in a deployment by my part that was too easily exploited by Mike.

After T1 (which he got)

Shenanigans see my hardest/fastest hammer routed. I am going to be completely honest here and say that I am a bit of a weak person and this opening to a game fills me with a host of negative emotions. Mainly I am angry at myself for starting a game unprepared, also it makes me feel like I look a fool. I shall ty to overcome these feelings and get on with the game. I want to make clear this is no fault of my opponent here, he knows I usually know what I’m doing, and is correct to play at the best of his abilities.

After B1

No idea what to do, so try to go for cover, even though it is usually a bad idea. Get a waver and hex on mindscreeches so might slow him down a bit there. Shaff move up to block pulling my better units.

After T2

I gambled with the impaler horde and lost to shenanigans. The chaff did their job in staving off for a turn. Nothing much else happened.

After B2

I though about where to put the assassin, stop shenanigans or the safer way, attack soulflayers. That failed. Skiffs soared down to rout a Mindscreech. The last unit of phantoms attacked the right ravagerss to stop any ravagers from turning and shooting down the skiffs. La’theal enthralled some ravagers to try to force a fight. It woulf have been much better if the SFs were dead and the impalers free for a pincer move on the left flank, but this is not my day.

After T3

His tag team on the left flank continue to rout my units there, tius time fleetwardens were removed. In the centre I pushed forward with the terror. He decided to attack with all he had, probably a decicion influenced by the scenario; invade. Getting his stuff over and jamming me in my side is a good idea, if I don’t win the combats tio quickly. On the right flank his Dice let him down dealing with the skiffs, which gives me many options for them next turn. Phantoms survived as well as had hoped against weakened ravagers.

After B3

On the left flank I had hoped for a waver on the ravagers, but at least I finally routed the Soulflayers over there. I was lucky to rout one of the ravagers in the centre though, and even though my other fighting units there are in peril, there is now plenty of backup. I opted to rout the ravager horde with skiffs, rather than the Soulflayers, It puts them in a much safer position than they would’ve been after routing the Soulflayers. The terror might suffer from that choice though.

After T4

The ravagers on the left move up to fire from around the impalers’ shields, but put themselves in a dangerous position when they fail to rout them. On the centre though, he does much better, getting a surprise kill on the skiffs, and also routs yhe terror, Soulbane and phantoms, cutting off all the support I was hoping for.

After B4

The impalers flank and rout the ravagers on left flank, finally tuting that one around. With some spells I manage to turn the situation in the centre to managble. Navigator charge phantoms to block them from charging impalers in flank. Fleetwardens rout MS and activated their bloodhex. Assassin moves to be able to charge esenysrhra should she gi for either impaler regiments. US on both sides is dropping fast, might this end in a draw with no US left to score?

After T5

Esenysrhra got one impaler regimrnt, the other unis survived, but a few lucky waver makes it difficult for me next turn. He pushed and pulled to get fleetwardens out of inspiring range, but they managed to hold their neeve on their own.

After B5

Impalers did the job on their own, routed the ravagers and overran safely out of sight from esenyshra. Assassin moved into the forest and ha and La’theal did ranged attacks on the Mindscreech to no avail. The wavered crone moved to block fleetwardens from beeing 1pushed back to my half of the board.

After T6

His shooting didn’t get to do more than a waver on my fleetwardens, but the phantoms routed the navigator. Esenyshra went for the assassin and shattered his shield.

After B6 (end of game)

Assassin countercharged Esenyshra, and La’theal moved to block her from potentially get to the impalers (if they routed the Mindscreech) the impalers only got a waver on the Mindscreech, but the assassin routed Esenyshra! Finally dread worked in my favor. Spells sent the phantoms off as well, leaving no enemy units in my table half. A hard fought victory in the end.

End of games thoughts.
To think I almost gave up after a terrible start, but I owed it to Mike to keep playing. For the first few turns of the game I was trying different desperate moves to try to mitigate his shenanigans, but it was not before he stopped shooting and started fighting I felt somewhat in control of the game. Due to the scenario invade, he had to push forward eventually, and I forced the issue by pushing my units up, disregarding the shooting. It worked out, but could have gone disasterous as well. Thanks to Mike for a very tough game!

3 Likes

Currently I am playing against the free dwarfs, and the objective is clear to see; dominate. Lists below.

After deployment

A more tight formation this time, befitting the scenario. Some voidwalkers and assassin far off to exploit the hill for TC bonus.

After T1 (which I got)

Moved up carefully, squeezed thecterror in between voidwalkes and impaler on the left. Did some plinky dmg to Craggoth and to rangers.

After B1

Dwarfs move carefully up and takes positions on their hill. Rangers get a lucky waver on the crone that weakened them. Craggoth try to flame the assassin, but stealth and shield keep him safe.

After T2

I work hard to find a defence from the dwarfs ready to chsrge down the hill. In the end I move the phantoms up to block a double charge on my impalers, even though it leaves his spear levy free. Other units on the left also moves to form a defensive line. The terror in the centre shuffles slightly to have a free path past the phantoms, this will be important later! The assassin move up to plink more on Craggoth, and also bait it to attack, while Mikayel and Voidwalkers move in to support. My hexxed crone casts weakness on the rude dwarf that hexxed her, takes 6 dmg but wavers the dwarf in turn!

After B2

The dwarfs make their move on the left, but the attack is ineffective as they were forced to attack different targets. But the biggest threat, the shieldbreaker horde is coming closer. In the right, Craggoth goes for the assassin and fails! I didn’t count for the mastiffs joining the party, and it was down to a lucky 1,1 there for me. As the saying goes, it’s better to be lucky than good.

After T3

The centre terror sees a great opportunity, the dwarf flagbearer. He is reachable, and with a 2+ overrun the terror ran straight into the threatening shieldbreaker horde and routed them as well. A huge swing on that side. Healing and regen alsi took care of most dmd to my units there. On the right flank, Mikayel did his job and crushed Craggoth to bits.

After B3 (end of game)

The dwarfs does a last effort to get back in the game after the horrible turn of events in the previous turn. They get a surprise kill on the phantoms, but the terror can’t be shifted. The dwarfs capitulated shortly after.

End of game thoughts.
Really good learning point in this game about the dangers of individuals in the wrong spot. Even if the assassin was slain and Craggoth alive, it still might’ve been too rough on the dwarfs to continue the game. I learned from last game to not give up too soon, but this seems to be the right time to start a new game. Thanks for the game, looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

Time for a new game, this time against Cyle Pool. He is perfecting his goblins for US Masters and I just hope to do better than last time we clashed. Scenario is stockpile, lists below.

After deployment

He got to choose sides and went for the one with two hills. At least that leaves me with a lot of leaves for cover against his shooting. I decided to make a strong bid for the centre, and put a strong left flank as well. The assassin is off running, hoping for that T1 charge.

After T1 for Goblins

A clever ploy on the right hill, where his shooting platform is safe behind the rabble, even better, his wiz with ej Periscope can see all, but only H6 stuff can see him. He gets the Hex on La’theal and scores a couple of dmg in the impaler regiment. On the left, the giant ran forward to loot the stockpile, while the king charged the assassin and broke his shield. Wingits fly up and form a weird line. It almost looks like they are performing an airshow.

After B1 for Twilight Kin

On the left, the assassin runs past the king and into the flank of the rabble horde. He really didn’t want to stay in the giant’s arc. The other units pull back out of range of giant, while the mutants, phantoms, and Soulbane move to support the left flank. The phantoms will get a rearcharge on rabble horde if they should cc assassin and fail to rout him, so I feel the assassin will be safe for a turn. The navigator and crone team up on a wingit, but only score 1 dmg. Skiffs back away out of range of the fast goblin cavalry, popping bloodhex to reduce the chance of bad things happening. La’theal dives for cover as she got no other options after getting hit by a hex. Terror moves up and grabs a token, 1-1 so far.

After T2

Disaster strikes as he rolls up a 6 6 on the skiffs! Without the bloodhex, they would be dead, so at least that was a relief to have in place at the right time. On the left the king decides to not go on a suicide mission, the giant picks up the other token and turns to face the mutants. He saw the danger to the rabble horde and wisely avoided counter charging the assassin. I left litte room for wing-its to stop and shoot, so they just flew past and into my back field. His trombones move off the hil to get closer to the centre, while the sharpsticks continue to pelt the impalers. His rabble hordes move closer to my lines.

After B2

Terror picks up a second token and turn to face the oncoming goblins. The impalers move up to block the first rabble horde from sliding far enough to allow the second rabble horde to connect with the terror’s flank. I combine all the shooting I got on one wingit, and do 1dmg… BUT mutants tore apart the giants in one turn so I’m still very happy with this turn. Left flank seems much more secure, but who knows what the wingits will be up to next turn. On the far right, skiffs have bo better option to turn to make all potential charging units hindered. In h spend a lot of time shuffling about to clear LOS for phantoms to go after a trombone. Most importantly this halts his shooting units getting closer to the terror, but removing one trombone is good too.

After T3

Unfortunately, the impaler horde that kept the terror safe, was themselves put un a prilous situatin, that Cyle exploited to great effect. He did his charge on terror with rabble in front, to less effect. The other weakened rabble horde failed to rout my phantoms as well. On bottom right my skiffs that got wavered had no way to escape and was routed. On the bottom left, wingits failed to impress the impalers.

After B3

In the centre, the terror does the clever thing and back away, out of range from shooting. Unfortunately this leaves my crone a target. The crones also fail miserably in their attempt to stop the fleabags. Assassin get a lucky waver on chariot king after a down hill charge.

After T4

This time the wingits get the better of the impalers, and routs them. The unflinching fleabags kill La’theal and turn to face the terror, but they rolled up a lot of 6s and some were killed by their own exploding bangsticks. The other crone was routed as well from shooting. Rabble horde go in again on terror and put more damage on it. The impalers in the forest barely survive. The impalers on bottom right are getting surrounded, as the cav reguse to charge their front. The sharpstick throwers also manage an annoying waver on my mutants.

After B4

On the right, the impalers turn and kill the king, before turning back again to face the rabble horde. The fleetwardens were given a juicy flank of the rabble horde, but as routing them don’t really impact the game, they rather rotated to block the fleabags possibilities to effectively move towards the centre. That they managed to get them in front as well was a nice bonus. In the centre the terror keep backing to reduce shooting, and to get closer to the reinforcements. The navigator stays perfectly still to aim the killing shot on the rabble in the centre. It was very important that they were removed from play. The assassin routs the king on chariot, making the left flank more secure, but the wingits are still at large.

After T5

He decides to stop fighting the terror and shoot at it i stead with fire, curses and trombones. It us not impressed. The stealthy kerp mutants and phantoms alive, while the impalers are saved by a 1,1. All my units are fine. Fleabags decided to step around the fleetwardens to get in range to charge something in the centre next turn.

After B5

The terror that has been riled up for several turns finally has had enough, and charges the rabble horde. The goblins gets really scared by this monstrosity, and wavers. The terror dropped the tokens behind it for the Soulbane to pick up. Along with the navigator, the terror has made a safe little cubby for him. Navigator also get a hex on the wiz, limiting his options. Phantoms rout one annoying wingit, while the assassin runs as fast as he csn to catch up. Mutants move to get cover from building. I’m not as lucky on the right flank, despite inflicting heavy damage, the goblins there are of solid nerve.

After T6

Fleabags charge up to rout the navigator that has been shrouding my army all game. The hexxed wiz ignores his hex and csdt AC to rout the impalers, suffering 6dmg himself (but is in no real danger). He shoots a lot at the terror, but it is too well hidden by its stealthy nature. The wingits fly in to terrorize ghe mutants, does a gret deal of dmg amd wavers them.

After B6 (end of game)

Pesky goblins are routed across the board. Terror grabs hold of tokens again, as the safest option for a possible T7. Assassin sat this one out.

After game thoughts.
The big swing in this game was when the mutants one-shotted the giant, the other was when I got phantoms in to rout a war trombone. Theese thjngs put Cyle on the back-foot. I had my bouts of bad luck as well, though, but not as decicive. A fun thing with this scenario is when I took two counters from the centre and left thr third, as I didn’t need it for the win. It would be very risky to try for one more! Thanks to Cyle for a very good game.

2 Likes

I (finallly) remembered to check if any new reports were complete here and found 3!

Thanks for keeping it up. It’s still intetesting to see how TK actually play, rather than trying to guage by the whinging.

On that note, it has occured to me that part of the complaining about TK could be due to their theme being done well.
Having some kind of scheming ruin your plans or finding less strenght than you usually have sounds thematically right when fighting TK, but having units pushed around or less effective than one is used to can also be a negative play experience.
What do you think?

On the games match ups:

It’s interesting to see how well matched nightstalkers are.

Dwarfs seem to be gaving a hard time though. I can see how stealthy, big shield and terrors would be hard for dwarfs to deal with.

Cyle is a tough opponent, well done!
It was interesting to see how the mutants did in that game. They did a lot of damage, but were also repeatedlywavered by a bit of shooting

1 Like

@DarkBlack

Thanks! Ironically it has been a while since I’ve posted, as I’ve been playing other armies for a change.

I think my TK list is less abusive than the worst TK can offer, and also less annoying than goblin shooting and trident realms ensnare across-the-board. But I’m probably biased XD.

1 Like