VigoTheButch's Non-KOW Painting/Hobby Log: Getting It Done

While I don’t know what Sludge is, the mob looks great all together and I very much appreciate the vibe across the sculpts + paint scheme.

Thanks! It was a fun challenge to kitbash a whole army together. I only have a few more units and I have all the core units represented.

Sludge is an indie game that came out this year: Sludge Wargame — Metal King Studio

2 Likes

Looks like we’re playing Horus Heresy in these parts. Raven Guard it is.

9 Likes

Looking really sharp. Are those printed heads? They look particularly avian for beakies.

I’m still trying my best to not buy into HH, but I keep wavering as my brother has dived in :expressionless:

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, other than the wood base and the earth texture they’re all printed minis, including the heads, lol.

HH seems nostalgic for my group so I was like FINE, I’ll print and army and play along

2 Likes

Oh really?? The bodies look a lot like the new ones, with the toes and the fingers off the triggers! I’m genuinely impressed. Part of my HH hesitation is that the marine files I’ve seen are short chonk boys compared to the new sexy beakies.

Yeah, these are pretty similar to the new Marines. Not exactly but close enough for my purposes. Helforged Patreon. You get access to the full library so it’s well worth the pledge

1 Like

Recon sniper squad for HH

7 Likes

Tactical Support Squad with Meltaguns

7 Likes

These continue to look very rad. So I pledged Hellforged and went digging, and all I can find are Chaos things. I did a test print of the more striped down MK5 marines (the most recent mark I could find) but even then I’m cutting the odd spike and shaving excessive crotch studs. Do I need to join Discord to get the newest shiniest stuff? Or have you worked some magic to modify these yourself?

1 Like

There’s non-chaos versions of a lot of the stuff. The folder structure leaves much to be desired but it’s in there

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe I missed something on the CG&T (or whatever) site, like a Loyalist toggle :thinking:

The folders aren’t sorted like that. You’ll have a Legs sub folder in Hydra Legions for example. And in that folder will be ten chaos legs and ten regular for that particular series

Ah yes, those folders. I used the clean Shadow Legion MK 5 stuff but couldn’t for the life of me find a non-Chaos backpack or the clean greave legs you used here.

My stuff shown is mostly Hydra Legions

1 Like

Queztlcoatle by Warlord Games

17 Likes

Magnificent model @VigoTheButch , and you’ve certainly done it justice. well done indeed. Take a bow. I’m guessing a lot of hours and TLC went into those feathers. It looks lke a fun project, I have an idea from my painting the LOTR giant eagles, but this is at another level. How high is that?

Warlord Games has some serious model options for anyone with cash to spare and also tend to have some great bargains in starter sets. In Particular, i love some of the South American natives, (and my Romans and Celts.)

1 Like

Thanks for the high praise! Yeah, the feathers ended up being a lot more work than I bargained for, there’s soooo many. Model is 230mm to the tallest point. Yes, Warlord has some neat options. I’ve only painted plastic Bolt Action stuff from them. So this brick of resin was a fun, different kind of project.

1 Like

Another batch of Russes

13 Likes

A nice herd of tanks

2 Likes