WolleK´s Abyssal Dwarfs

After a months long hiatus of painting for kow, I pushed me back on my Abyssal Dwarfs this september. I planned the project back in 2021 to have a fresh, multibased, full-mantic army for some GT (that sounds still like a good idea ;). Now the first units (and the majority of models is finished) an I hope the army is ready for a tournament mid-january.

:blush:

16 Likes

cracking work there, I love the red skin on them it’s very different from what you normally see.

2 Likes

Very nifty evil short boys

2 Likes

The red skin is for the immortal guard and the infernox only. They’ve gone a step too far in their setvice of the flame queen.

4 Likes

oooh nice theme

2 Likes

After the Infantry is finished it’s time for the special stuff. First, the Hellfane

9 Likes

Nice one @WolleK ! :grin: That is going to look very cool on the table.

I really liked the work you did on the Treeherder I saw at the tournament a bit over a year ago as well (I think that was your Sylvan Kin army, right? Inspired me to finally paint one myself :wink: ).

By now I know how much effort it takes to paint those huge models and that Hellfane is looking really great, good job! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi @Mikes, thank you and yes I remember too, are you still playing your elf army?
For bigger minis, I have to confess that I don’t really enjoy painting them, because it takes ages to see progress. Fortunately the hellfane has not too much of fiddly details. And with a rather minimalistic painting style I managed to finish it over the course of last month’s weekends. Fingers crossed, the Abyssal Dwarfs are finished for next year’s tournaments. (The Sylvan Kin will enjoy their retirement.)

2 Likes

Yep, still busy with the Elves @WolleK :slightly_smiling_face: While I didn’t really get to play with the little one keeping me busy :baby: , I’m slowly - very very slowly- but steadily painting to get the army where I want it to be. Currently also working on a quite large Dragon model and yep, it is taking ages to get that done :wink:

Looking forward to seeing your army completed and maybe even on the table next year! :slightly_smiling_face: