Your next army

Fun to look back at this thread, I actually semi started the green Lady list I was thinking about. Been cutting up a spare plank of wood I had into appropriate sized bases. Have a devoted, an avatar of the green lady and a water elemental horde pretty close to being done. 3D printing lots of various things for the army the last few weeks so I have stuff to play around with I have a two week break after friday.

1 Like

Current army:
“Rome in the Desert” themed Kingdoms of Men. (started as roman legion with allies, has sorta evolved into a quasi-Palmyrene Empire feel)

Armies in potentia:
Orcs - Have the Mantic starterset. will probably pad out with Oathmark ‘Goblins’ which are similar sized but less bulky, and come in wolf rider cavalry… going to be a Tolkien inspired army, though figure i’ll “mantic-ize” things as a pannithor army and just use a mix of , Mordor, and Isengard for banners and shield symbols and such.

Varangur - Vikings! was originally going to be my KoM in 2nd ed, until i got gifted a ton of romans right before the edition change. bunch of Gripping Beast viking plastics and some metal commander types. originally was going to be Northern Alliance with a “How to Train your Dragon” inspired theme but i found myself drifting towards the Varangur… now my theme plans are much more like the badguys in “The Black Cauldron”.

beyond that… not sure. at the rate i build armies those three will probably last through the next couple editions.

5 Likes