2024 New Year Resolutions

2024:

main goal: 2300 points painted Elves

secondary: 1500p painted Marauders for Firefight

Good Luck everyone and happy 2024

7 Likes

Well, that.

Didn’t quite get the Romans done. So that’s the first goal.

After that I have a few projects for the armies that are already painted.
Dwarfs:

• I want to convert some units into bulwarkers.
  • I have a terrain project to improve my terrain set and make is more dwarf themed.
  • I have a few dwarf miniatures to be thugs for Frostgrave, which will give me a dwarf warband.

Edit, Nightstalkers:
-Someone was kind enough to pass off 4 sprues of scarecrows to me, so that’s another regiment and a few more lose based scarecrows. I have two troop bases done up already from when I did the main army, so they’ll be a regiment that can split to turn the horde base into a legion.

Medieval Germans (15th Century and 15mm)

• I got some nicer command models and some early mounted handgunners.

Romans (yes, the ones I’m still busy with):

• finish up the Romans, obviously.
  • I have miniatures for eastern allies/Symmacharii (Armenian, Aramean and Greek) to add.

As a bonus; I have a lot of assorted (i.e. random) fantasy minatures to paint that I should be useful for fantasy skirmish games or RPG, but mostly cause they seemed cool, fun to paint or were part of a project that didn’t actually need them.
Plus a load of “bulk D&D” minuatures off Amazon that my wife got me for Christmas. Best get those painted soon.

6 Likes

I have so much less time ahead than in the past few years. My goals for 2024:

-Get in 24 games (twice a month)
-attend an event
-Add 8 new units to my various armies

4 Likes

The repressed administrator within enjoys these threads so count me in. It’ll be a generic “paint what I have before buying new” initiative. Namely

Nightstalkers - 122 models: Admittedly, half of this is made of Scarecrows (65 models), some of which may wander through a wormhole and end up in the Firefight Universe with an alternative paint scheme once the rules are released.

Twilight Kin - 64 models: Subsidury to my Nightstalkers, with a complimentary colour palette. The gribbly creatures will share my Nightstalkers colours, while the more elven/armoured units have more textures to work with. I think I’ll also take the opportunity to play with some Army Painter Fanatic paints for the armour and cloth once released.

Armada - 4 models: Just flyers for Dwarfs and Abyssal Dwarfs. I already plan on picking up an Abyssal Dwarf fleet once I’ve finished.

Forge Fathers - 39 models: I caved in and bought the starter force. Like the Twilight Kin, I know what scheme I want to paint, but I’ll wait until the Fanatic range is released so I can play with some of the historically difficult colours.

Epic Warpath - Coming Soon: It’s inevitable, so I may as well make a placeholder for my future shame.

5 Likes

Have I realigned my priorities to fit my resolutions since my last post in this thread? Absolutely not!

I have been painting Twilight Kin and those will be my resolution for 2024. Paint more of them, run them in every tournament I go to, make sure I have a nice few options. Maybe then I’ll finally get some Halflings done!

Also if Epic Warpath comes out I might get the Asterians because I love lil robits

5 Likes

Fine, let’s see how things went:

1. Success! Painted 2300 points of “Free Dwarfs” by Sept.
  2. I guess? I printed two ambush armies (that I didn’t build or paint) and bought an Ogre mega army for Black Friday. So maybe I failed this?
  3. Success! But we’re talking like just a handful of models. My large scale rebuild was printed and abandoned, as I liked my old models fine and was working on a new army.
  4. Half a success! I got Ironsouls Condemnors done before Xmas. Headrakka’s dudes are still half painted and I’m thinking about stripping so I can slapchop them :stuck_out_tongue: But my interest in the game has waned.
  5. Failure! I did build both Kroot and Nids tho, so baby steps. Again not a lot of momentum given how I rarely play the game.

Part of the skirmish painting failure is that I put a lot of Nov + Dec towards painting a full set of minis for THE DOOMED, an excellent model-agnostic sci-fi skirmish game by Osprey. Maybe some day I’ll get pics I like and share them with y’all.

For 2024, I’m looking to:

1. Paint a new 2000 pt Chaos Space Marine army, a goal I’ve had since 2020. Honestly building GW stuff is what kills me, so many mold lines, so much gap filling.
  2. Add to the Freeforged, including some actual Dwarfs (!!!). Lots of stuff already printed to keep adding to the army I’m playing this year, which is the perfect set up for me to stay engaged with the project.
  3. Paint another Kill Team, dammit! Kroot and/or Nids.
  4. Work on Malifaux or Warmachine. I’m headed to Gen Con for the first time this year, would be cool to have a painted crew for one of my rarely-played skirmish interests. Definitely low on the list after the GW lifting.

It’s a Kings light year for me, as last year was pretty heavy. Aiming for four KOW tournaments again, should be easy enough. I like that 24 games a year goal as well, I feel like I easily crossed that last year for sure.

6 Likes

For me, it’s

• Bar Room Brawl (only 1 mini left, so this one is easy!)
  • 1000 points of Firefight Marauders
  • Dungeon Saga Origins
  • 4 small KoW armies - Northern Alliance, Ogres, Empire of Dust and Trident Realm.

May seem like a lot, but it’s 6 distinct projects, each of which is very doable within a 2-month window.

3 Likes

Well, it’s time to look back at my resolutions for the last year;

• Bring my KoW Dwarfs to at least 6000pts legal.

Not only did i reach 6000pts, but i blew past that and hit 8000 pts by the end of the year. What can i say? I love painting Dwarfs. :wink:

- Paint my KoW Ogre army.

Success! I managed to reach my initial planned army of 2000 pts this year. :slight_smile:

- Paint that Gloomspite Warband for Warhammer Underworlds

Success! But only just. Technically they were finished in the first few days of January.

Finish the last unit for my Gibbering Hordes (The Other Side); a squad of 9x Yarazi

Partial success. I’ve painted 6/9, so just 3 to go.

- Repaint and build my Abyssals to 2300
- Finish enough Plague minis to make a 1000pt Firefight army.
- Paint my Deadzone terrain.
- Paint up my Guild force for The Other Side

Sadly, none of these happened. Like so many other projects, they fell to the side to make way for yet more Dwarfs. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

2024 Resolutions

MANTIC

• Bring my Imperial Dwarf Army to 10,000 pts. I’m currently at 8300. But while it’s only 1700pts that I’d need to paint, I’m faced with the problem of running out of units to paint! I’ve got 1000pts built and ready to paint (below…yes, they’re made from cork :wink: ), but that last 700 pts will be tricky.

• Paint all these Free Dwarf Birds i have. Six birds, to be precise. I’ve been meaning to get to them, and in fact with their inclusion i might finally be able to build a Free Dwarf List i actually like!

• Finish my KoW Dwarf Castle. I’m about halfway there - just a few towers and extra wall sections to go!

• Paint my Dungeon Saga Origins set. At the very least I’d like to get through the core set, with the heroes and undead. I’ll aim to get the Goblins, Abyssal Dwarfs and Twilight Kin done too, but we’ll see how that goes!

• Bring the Ogre army to 2300 pts. There’s not alot to do here - just a Titan, Goblin Regiment and Hero. Should be easy… right?

There’s a bunch of Non-Mantic stuff I’m planning too, not in the least because nobody really plays KoW in my area. Projects include;

• Rebase and expand my 40k World Eaters into a playable army,
  • Paint up the first 1000pts for my Horus Heresy army,
  • Finish my latest Bloodbowl Team (Imperial Nobility),
  • Paint up a Warcry Warband (Untamed Beasts),
  • Expand my Gloomspite Gitz army for Age of Sigmar.

Once again, these are ambitious goals. So we’ll see how it goes!

7 Likes

I’ll try not to overburden myself this year and start with:

• Finish my original plans for my Elf army (that means 1x Tree Herder and 1x Drakon Lord left!)
  • Expand my Undead army to 2300 pts. (from 2000 pts currently.)
  • Paint another full Elf Unit (Alternatively: Gladestalker , Silverbreeze or another Drakon Horde.)
  • Not get sidetracked with Deadzone / Armada / Infinity until the above goals are met :wink:

Finishing 2-3 out of the 4 goals above will do this year and I’ll be happy! :laughing:

4 Likes

Why do I get the feeling that Goal #4 has zero chance of happening? :wink:

3 Likes

Great to see so many targets being shared! Like last year, i intend to update every few months - mainly to keep a check on myself! Will be great to see how everyone does over the next 12 months

2 Likes

I’m calling last orders on my January with 12 models painted: 1 Fleshripper, 7 Butchers and 4 Shadow Hounds

Admittedly, not as much as I had hoped, but February will have a nice start with the Regiment of Shadow Hounds I couldn’t quite finish. I’m also assembling another batch of Scarecrows for another few Regiments

5 Likes

Well first thing I did this year was to paint “Jarvis” … which, looking at my goals above, does not bring me closer one bit to any of them. Not even towards “expanding my Undead army” as all my character unlocks were filled already.

So … good start! Go me! :joy: :clap: Happy with how Jarvis turned out though! :grin:

2 Likes

Ok, my goals for 2024…

• Rebase my Bretonnians to play TOW with them ( must be done by the end of April)
  • Finish at least 2.3 k Points of my Basilea Army (must be done by the end of May)
  • Finish the rest of my Basilea Army which includes buying new models.
  • Add 4 new Units to my Conquest Army (buy, build, paint) - Completed
  • finally start painting my Warmaster Army
  • start with my Halflings for Kings of War
  • Paint new bretonnians for the old world

And last but not least finally finish renovating my House :rofl:

We’ll See what i can get done in one year xD

5 Likes

Slightly more productive February with 39 models: 1 Regiment of Shadowhounds and 2 Regiments/1 Horde of Scarecrows. Think that takes me down to about 82 models left for my Nightstalkers.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is inspiratory or just making me feel inadequate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My ogres are slowly progressing, even if some of them look like goblins.

A troop of boomers is on the way too.

6 Likes

Checking in. 18 models for March: Regiment of Scarecrows , Regiment of Ravagers and a Goredrake for Monster March

Think I’ll need to treat myself to a Void Lurker once I finish my Nightstalkers.

6 Likes

Excellent work on the night stalkers! Beautiful!

I have advanced both the dungeon saga models and my ogres by painting up the dungeon sage goblins as a regiment.

I got all my ogres and goblins out and it looks like i have about as many points of goblins as ogres! Should be able to be at around 2000 points of goblins as well as my 2300 of ogres by the end of the year.

Some snaps of them all:

4 Likes