Armada - I think i'm going to need a bigger boat!

So, Armada. What’s not to like about a ship based game with some really nice looking models, that is based on existing one with lots of ships (which will be playable)!

Before getting much of the preorder stuff next month, I’ve also picked up some Black Sea stuff and have started babbling with terrain.

First up, a couple of ‘skull islands’ - a standard in pirate/fantasy films etc and a harbour out of some leftover Hirst Arts bits.

As far as the fleets are concerned, the Basileans ships (actual Brothermark for me) will be pale wood then red, blue, yellow livery; the Warlord ships darker, shabbier and more in keeping with one of my many KoM armies.

The EoD ships look nice, and am looking forward to seeing what comes out in the later waves .

4 Likes

Here’s the finished harbour piece.

6 Likes

Islands are finished.

3 Likes

WiP of the next bunch of terrain and a couple of black Sea ships.

The ships are a frigate and a brig - on a medium (70x30) and small (50x30) mdf bases from Warbases (the bases sizes are shown in the mantic basing set)

1 Like

Right, more terrain done!

6 Likes

They look great

First couple of black seas ships wip - a frigate (on a medium 70x30 base) and a brig (on a small 50x30 base).

Decided to swap out paper sails for plasticard ones, and not going to faff with rigging etc

2 Likes

Brig finished, frigate wip and a snow troll for size comparison :wink: Will do the bases in due course (once we have confirmed rules!)

2 Likes

FYI - here is the reason for the snow troll comparison - this is a pic from one of the play testers.

The basilean ship is the bottom one in the second photo

1 Like

First couple of finished ships

2 Likes

Next set of wip/new build ships

4 Likes

They do look sweet.

Next bunch of terrain wip! I like building this sort of scale, ok :wink: It’s the rest of the warlord scenery set and Halloween tat.

Any ideas for orc themed stuff (other than things on fire!)?

Finished the next batch of terrain

2 Likes

Group shot of terrain & WiP boats

4 Likes

Wohaaa! You’ve truly been busy @Sceleris ! Awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers mate. I like scenery building at this sort of scale - made loads for epic back in the day - normal size and it both slightly loses the appeal and doesn’t fit in a shoe box!

3 Likes

Some sweet work there

Next finished stuff are a couple of gunboat squadrons - which are/will be Tiny ships in Armada (30*30 basing)

3 Likes

Next up some sea monsters!

6 Likes