Armada looks interesting! :)

Its likely to be in Q1 next year with the second round of dwarf/EoD stuff?

please be aware, while there are KoM rules for Armada coming (from most mentions in the mantic blog), and they are likely derived from the black seas ship stats, there has been zero indications that Mantic is going to be using the warlord plastic ships themselves. it is still within probability that mantic will produce their own resin minis for KoM that fit the slightly cartoony visual style set by the current four released factions. it seems likely though that it will be a list without official minis, like the KoM in the normal game and Vanguard. which would actually be preferable, since it would let them be a bit more varied in fleet composition, able to give KoM their own flavor rather than just being “basileans but less interesting”
so while getting the warlord plastics is certainly a rewarding option (they can easily represent basileans too after all), lets stop saying that the mini’s will definitively be part of armada.

Re KoM fleet. In a FB exchange in the Armada group it has been stated that cards (only) will be released for them and confirm by Matt Gilbert.

1 Like

I’m excited to try Armada. The sea monsters , the fantasty magic element and of course lovely models gave me cause to pre-order. Plus, I have a 4’ x 6 ocean neoprene mat. I restrained myself and just go the starter, however. How about all of you?

2 Likes

Honestly waiting on this and most further miniatures purchases right now as I have so much to paint and I’m not able to actually play any games any time soon anyway by the looks of it. But definitely 100% on my wishlist and fully intend to buy one day!

Decent blog post from one of Mantic’s pathfinders - has some nice comparison pics of a couple of Armada ships with those from Black Seas and Dreadfleet.

1 Like

Well, as it is to be released in my birthday week I bought most of it! :wink:

Got the online deal - so starter set, then booster & large boat for each fleet. Had initial planned on swapping out the orcs, but the more I’ve seen of them the more they’ve grown on me. The EoD fleet looks very nice.

I also picked up some Black Sea ships (for a KoM fleet) and have some scenery cobbled together.

I have ordered the starter box and acrylic templates, eagerly awaiting the Dust fleet release some time next year.

However, when reading the blog mentioned by @Sceleris, this picture caught my eye:

Apparently, as noted in the blog and in BlackJack Legacy review the acrylic ruler suffers from even larger “inprecission” issue. I must say it really irks me to to see something like this and get a flawed product. If I knew it in advance, I would have not ordered the acrylic templates … :disappointed:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the 0 and the 0 line up?

1 Like

Yep - think the issue raised in the blog/review relate to the fact that the measurements don’t start at the beginning of the ruler itself [This is actually like most ‘normal rulers’, but not most ‘gaming rulers’, if that makes sense]

1 Like

That’s true, but my preferred way of measuring is to the end of the ruler and I think most people do so too. I would also prefer if the lines marking the inches went to the edge of the ruler, but it is a minor issue. The ruler is a nice piece of artistic work but its functionality is limited, at least for me.

the thing with the ruler could be intended as you place it next to your ships base and slide it past the ruler which is easier if there is a little overlap

I am sorry but not. I want to move the ship by e.g. 6". I place the ruler next to my ship, the front of the ship exactly at the 6" mark. Now, I slide the ship along the ruler and would like to stop the movement exactly where the ruler ends. Instead, I have to stop when the front reaches the 0" mark, so I have to check again where exactly the 0" is on the ruler. Sliding to the end of the ruler is obviously an easier (faster) thing to do. At least that’s the way I am used to move my units in KoW if I move them by several inches along a straight line (using a ruler similar to the one shown in the lower part of the picture).

because the measuring pieces are printed and punched card by having the measurements start “inside” the ruler it accounts for any errors when printing. Anyone who has cardboard tokens from boardgames knows how often misalignments can happen. I’d rather have the ruler designed to take account of this from the start than have to worry about issues arising from cropping.

1 Like

you can prove anything with facts :wink:

In the current climate that is no longer the case :P.

:upside_down_face:

I am used to do it the other way around with those rulers
place the unit next to the 1" mark and move it up to the number I need if there is no extended space below 0" (hence I prefer those with 0" mark in the middle)

starting with 6" and move up to 0 is done when using a tape measure

I hear it’s pretty good…

5 Likes

finally you’re here now we can get the party started

1 Like