Armada - I think i'm going to need a bigger boat!

Finished off the count-as Abyssal fleet.

6 Likes

Mantic/Warlord have put together some rules to enable the Black Sea ships to be used in Armada - which arrived today.

Haven’t had an opportunity to get a game in as yet, so don’t entirely know how things will pan out on the table, but the KoM ship rules seem solid, have plenty of firepower going and the XL ships have a LOT of guns :wink:

1 Like

@Sceleris, where’d u get them?

And more precise, how do we get them too? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Vince - Warlord currently have first dibs at selling them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

how do the Black Sea ships look alongside the Mantic ones?

Phone’s playing silly buggers and not letting me upload pics at the moment, but here’s a link to some pics I stuck on fb

They aren’t as bulky or ‘heroic’ but scale pretty well.

If the link only takes you to the group page, there is a blog referenced here which has some comparison pics.

Ah… Must resist… at least until I finished painting my Kow Ships and have a few games in… must resist…

(Guarantueed to fail somewhere in the next week during this lockdown)
Edit: this one has sparked my interest for quite a few years. IF I’m going to paint up a KoM fleet, this is gonna be my XL ship.

1 Like

Rather taken by painting little ships, I got myself the recent dwarf fleet :wink:

There are both a unique ship and a captain upgrade that changes the profile of his vessel, so will have a rummage in the bits box for conversion parts.

At some point I might actually get a game in!

3 Likes

Dwarf fleet done.

10 Likes

Lovely! Great to see so many ships coming together.

Currently, I’m looking for an expansion option for my Basilean fleet (already have twice the starter set fleet plus one abess) and while the logical expansion would be a Dictator as soon as it comes out, I’m also eyeing the smaller ships.

The only thing is, I already have four Elohi ships and, frankly, I don’t need anymore. All booster options also contain one elohi ship plus two/three others. Is there another way of getting the ships?

2 Likes

Cheers.

Yeah, know what you mean about the ship sets. I’d like a couple of extra panthers, but really don’t need the others.

EBay or try to see if you could sort a swap deal etc out via FB group or similar

I think everyone would like to have a couple extra panthers. :slight_smile: They seem remarkable good for their point cost.

Edit: I’ve looked at the ship. It may be possible to convert an Elohi ship into a Panther, by replacing the angel on the bow with a panther head and a bow sprit. I’ve not actually done this, but may try it later, as soon as my 3rd and 4th elohi arive. The size and sail setup is the same.

Nice work as always @Sceleris, and i thought i was fast, but you are Usain Bolt fast :-p and great detail too

1 Like

Ships are easier to paint than goblins :wink:

1 Like

@Sceleris how did You make the bases? They look great! Also - which models did You use for Your Seamonsters?
Thanks!

Poundland tile grout! Slap some on the base and plonk the ship on it - roughly form wave. :wink:

Most of the sea monsters are from warlord’s black seas terrors of the deep set, plus a shark & octopus from nolzurs/WizKids d&d range

1 Like

Sorry, I am not from UK - what’s “Poundland tile grout”? Some kind of putty?

Spackle in the US? Just pre-mixed adhesive wall filler etc - and just a cheap generic brand rather than anything specific

Poland, Europe :slight_smile: Is it based on plaster, gypsum?

1 Like