Cyberactivity's Twilight Kin: The Shadow Blades

Hahahaha well there you go! Too gargantuan for the titan base :clap:

2 Likes

And varnished:

12 Likes

Who wouldn’t want a mountain for a beard?

1 Like

Took on some feedback and added in the stitching details on the loin cloth. Had to rip the model off the base so after painting details, fixed base and re-varnished the model:

16 Likes

Time well spent, the contrast is appreciated :sewing_needle:

2 Likes

Those are some fine pics of a really fabulous model. Bravo.

1 Like

So went to the Shroud of the Reaper Ace’s & 8’s tournament in Bexley. Hosted by yours truly and my friend Mark Cunningham.

Took the Forces of the Abyss for the first game of 3rd edition (haven’t played them since Eefreet came with 20 shots…so years).

This was the list:

Game 1 Vs Gavin (Nightstalkers) win 6-0
Game 2 Vs Si (Ratkin) loss 0-5
Game 3 Vs Richard (Undead) loss 0-7

Finished 15th out of 20.

So not a stellar result. The list just didn’t click and had some big flaws (no practice with them meant that didn’t get a chance to tweak the list). Main reason of fielding the list was to use a lot of models that had been repainted/rebased. Was happy with how the army looked and received some nice compliments on them.

10 Likes

Last of the 3 Riftweavers done:

Here are the 3 together:

12 Likes

4 regiments of soulflayers completed now:

That’s a further 660pts painted. That’s 7.2k pts of painted Nightstalkers now.

15 Likes

Soul-ey? Check!
Flayer-ey? Check!

Nice paint job

2 Likes

Are those the gribbly heads off the shadowhounds? Regardless, smart conversion and they look a treat in your pale-n-purple scheme.

2 Likes

I love these!

2 Likes

Yes, shadowhound heads and reaper arms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided to finally field the Nightstalkers as an army (1st time using them).

It’s only taken me painting over 7k pts of them to reach this point.

The choice to use them in the end came down to the fact that the tournament I’m attending with them for their first run out has more than one painting prize (has “podium” for best army and a best unit award too). So I’ve chosen what I feel are the best looking units in my army to take along with the aim of trying to podium in the painting.

Normally each tournament season my aim is to podium just once. That is obviously focused on playing the game. After attending the Masters last season, my focus this season is far more relaxed on the gaming front; so I’ve gone for a more hobby focus instead.

Here is the list and a picture of the army I’m taking:

11 Likes

Well they look absolutely awesome!

2 Likes

You cranking out the obligatory display base as well? I think the army looks great, hope you enjoy running your shiny new NS on the table! The list looks quite strong to me as well, 4x flayers + 3x screeches + Esenyshra is a lot of quality packed into 2000 points - so much push and pull magic on top of just murder!

I just noticed the shadowhound prowling out of the portal, nice touch :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve got a black picture frame with my name on that I’m thinking about taking along to display them on.

I’ve not built a display board for them. It’s on my things to possibly do although it’s quite a big undertaking.

3 Likes

I was about to say how incredably awesome that army looks @Cyberactivity , but i’ve been beaten to it… so i’ll just nod and point to the others: “Yep, great work…like he said!”

2 Likes

So took the Nightstalkers for the first time ever. First 3 games with them at the tournament this past Saturday.

Game 1

3-4 loss Vs Mike Smith Ratkin Slaves (Masters player)

Game 2

3-2 win Vs Ed and his FoN (Masters player who won his first game…)

Game 3

4-3 win Vs Steven Pearce (Rafici) and his Ogre army

First 2 games Vs Masters players. Considering only 5 of us (Inc me) at the event, to get half of the rest was a bit strange.

Real test for my skill level and of the army. All 3 games were super close. In the first game I killed a lot of Mike’s army.

Didn’t podium in either gaming or painting.

7th out of 22 for the gaming side which is respectable.

Wasn’t even in top 5 for painting…the standard was really high. Still a bit disappointed truth be told. Although did hear that my army got at least 1 vote which was cool.

In two minds about what to take to the next event. I’ll probably pick closer to the time…

12 Likes

It must have been a real tough crowd. I saw some images of the armies on FB and yours definitely stood out. Very eye catching!

3 Likes