Done (hopefully!) in December! - Painting Topic

Funnily enough I’ve never thought to use Skorne as vamps :sweat_smile: Looking good, especially super pale Hexy2!

1 Like

Aaaand done with the 3rd Drakon… finally :partying_face: … with work being crazy busy the last weeks I think it took me almost 6 weeks … , but I’m quite happy how he turned out :upside_down_face:

Now to paint 3 more to finish the Horde!

21 Likes

Nice colours. The green cape really pops against the orange scales.

2 Likes

Hello!

The progress on my regiment of Palace Guard is slow, mainly due to the fact that I don’t paint that often. However, I managed to find some time here and there, in a very infrequent and irregular manner. So it is still work in progress. But it feels that I am getting there as I need to paint three more models for the command group only. Then I can move to the special thing I want to add in the empty space where the “magic ring” is. :slight_smile: Who knows, perhaps I can even finish the regiment by the end of this year!

26 Likes

High elf Phoenix guard, metal not plastic, are some of my favorite minis. I never did them justice when I painted them and they were so fragile but they sure looked awesome

The dragon is done!

Technically the dragon part is as done last month, so it fits the “new or not new” title well.

24 Likes

Finally got around to drybrushing my greater water elemental for my order of the green lady army. Most of the body is from heroes infinite, I just removed some details I didn’t like and made the watery things in meshmixer before I printed it. Printed in clear blue resin, hit with a dark blue ink and dry brushed with a white. Pretty happy with the result consider the low effort. Doubt it’ll ever see play as I like knights more than elementals.

Tabletop-ish distance

18 Likes

Steel Juggernaught #2. Although one of these might need to become the Living Legend in CoK 2022. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Finally painted all my dungeon saga models (they not new so fit the theme!). Not a fantastic painter and an even worse photographer!

18 Likes

22 Likes

While he won’t see paint until December I’m guessing, here’s my freshly cured Verdant Hydra:

Because CoK22 said I could :hugs:

17 Likes

AD teeny weeny mortar

16 Likes

Great to see another Dungeon Saga project @screamingaddabs ! Good job!

I finished my Dungeon Saga Box earlier this year and it really felt great finishing that project and seeing all the models painted arrayed on the table and playing with them for the first time! :smiley:

Are you gonna do the doors and furniture as well? I can only recommend it. They weren t hard to paint (lots of drybrushing works great) but the game is even more impressive when everything is painted when you play. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Slow on my updates as always. Still working though my new Dwarf army.

This will be a long rambling one again.

Two regiments of Dwarf warriors. In regiment and horde formation. Oathmark Dwarf Infantry - fantastic kit.

Two regiments of heavy Dwarf infantry from - believe it or not - the Oathmark Heavy Dwarf infantry kit. These were even better than the standard Dwarf kit. Tons of options.

Had a bit of a disaster with these. I managed to texture some of them quite badly with a nearly run out rattle can at the primer stage. Should have stripped some of them as I was fighting an uphill battle on some of the armour plate. Results are good but it ruined the fun of a great kit for me worrying how they would turn out. You know that feeling when you are twenty hours in and all you can focus on is the mistake…

Two troops of Long Rifles. Mantic plastic/metal hybrid kit. Very happy with the results now you can’t see the half tube of Vallejo plastic putty holding the arms on some of them. Go all metal on these Mantic - the pure metal miniatures in this box were a joy.

Two regiments of Earth Elementals - also on horde base. Mantic metal. Decent enough miniatures - bit hard to grab detail off them. The horde base is heavy enough to use as a deadly weapon.

Great Earth Elemental. Mantic resin. Decent miniature - imposing scale. Not fully completed. Eyes need work and I’m trying to figure out what do to break up the rock body a bit more. It’s still a bit of a multi-grey blob.

Army so far. That’s the three boxes of Oathmark Dwarf infantry finished, first long range units and elemental support completed.

Next on the table are two cavalry regiments - Mantic Brocks. And eighty Avatars of War infantry - will be ranger and berserker regiments.

Sourcing cannons at the moment. Mantic looking good. Will probably go AoW for character models.

Not a clue about standard crossbow or rifle regiments yet. Want at least two hordes.

Keep the updates coming everyone. Keeps me motivated seeing all the great posts.

20 Likes

Nice looking dwarf army!
I don’t think the greater earth elemental needs anything else personally. I think the blue crystals do enough work to distinguish it.
If you are set on adding anything you could do what I and several people have done with it, add some earth to some of the upper surfaces and add vegetation. Makes him look like he’s come up from beneath the earth.

I agree about the weight of Mantic’s metal lesser ear5h elementals, it’s long overdue to be redone in resin or plastic.

2 Likes

I found they lacked detail to be honest. Maybe the moulds are shot.

Thought they looked a bit flat when raw and then undercoated. Even washes and ink didn’t release more detail. Crystals especially lacked definition - more round than sharp.

Surprising for metal kits which usual hold detail great. Will go with an alternative producer if I want more elementals in this army.

MOM minis are the ones I went with, cos they look like dwarfs…

2 Likes

Nice looking dwarfs @Niall78!

I don’t know if it would help, but if you want more definition with the greater elemental you could try gluing some gamers grass tiny tufts between the cracks of the rocks. Could also try some bigger tufts on the “shoulders”.

2 Likes

Love the dwarfs mate.

Oathmark stuff is excellent - they have a ‘light dwarf’ set with ranger/miner vibe (although you do say you have models already)

I haven’t looked at my dwarf army since it got built in v2, but do need to get back to it at some point - oh, so many projects!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip Sceleris. Was looking for miners so will check them out.

I couldn’t have a dwarf army without at least one miner regiment. :wink:

1 Like