Dozens December! - painting topic

Hello!

Many thanks for all your contributions so far! Before I noticed it is already December! Is it going to be Dramatic? Or maybe Divine?

Whatever happens we keep on going and I am sure there is going to be Dozens contributions as everyone would rush to finish that one more project, regiment or even a single model before the year ends :slight_smile:

Hence, this month, the topic’s title is “Dozens December” !

Cheers!

7 Likes

Hello! My name is Joe and I just started Kings of War this year because Northern Alliance minis are amazing and it snowballed into starting an elf army. I’m finishing basing on these units today. Please let me know if I’m posting these in the wrong area.

15 Likes

Welcome Joe! This is a great spot for you to be posting. This is where we keep up with each other’s most recent work and give encouraging feedback.

We can always use more pointy ears around here!

2 Likes

Glad they are finally done. Horrible mould lines and the parts don’t fit.

My second troop will not see paint anytime soon. Rangers by MOMMinatures

11 Likes

These are awesome! I’m inspired to be honest.

1 Like

Great fox swarm @java82 and dwarf troop @Garuses! Love me some packed trays :smiley:

Oh, those elves are very menacing! Well done!

1 Like

I have an ambition to get a lot of painting hours in during the later half of the month. Gotta get back on the horse. :art:

2 Likes

Been a while since I was able to properly paint, thanks Corona and all your issues.
So recently was able to try and get back to it and what better way to do that then working on ones favorite race.

To my eternal shame I somehow lost his original shield but found a suitable replacement from some models i hope to show soon.

12 Likes

Very cool Dwarf King. :slight_smile:

Few more bits and pieces for the FoN side project.

Druids (one mounted) & centaur chief

2 wingless beasts of nature

Great air elemental and a wyrm (rider) centurion

Group shot

14 Likes

Some new terrain, a base for my battle systems well and a new base for my ruins.

8 Likes

Being a while since I posted due to real life. Elf army is still getting paint on it though.

Elf Kindred Tallspears Horde:

In regiment configuration:

Two regiments of Kindred Gladestalkers (as promised a few months ago):

Treeherder:

Elf Lord on Dragon:

Group shot:

Core infantry are Oathmark. Treeman and Dragon are Mantic.

Will be starting another horde of Palace guard before my Christmas miniatures arrive. That should finish the core of my Elf army.

Keep posting everyone - even if not posting it is great following everyones progress week to week.

18 Likes

Wow Niall, you should make your own showcase thread as well.

2 Likes

Thanks Fred. I keep meaning to but want to sort out my pictures. These are very rough and ready kitchen counter shots in bad light.

By the way. Anyone have any links to good Elf war machines? Don’t like the wheels on the Mantic one.

1 Like

Looking good mate - I’ve used the Oathmark elves as well (need to get their light elf set for archers). FYI - the heads/arms work on Fireforge mounted sergeants if you need cavalry :wink:

Bolt thrower wise, www.warbases.co.UK do basic MDF ballista, or check out warlord roman ones?

1 Like

nice clean Elven units-looking good, and that dragon and treeman are gems, very sweet

1 Like

The ones on the Mantic Northern Alliance dont have those awful wheels, but sleds instead and look pretty good

1 Like

I have a regiment of Mantic Stormwind cavalry done. Your idea is good though for a light cavalry option. Love the Fireforge miniatures as well - built three boxes of their Living Dead Peasants last year - super figures and great options to work with.

Checking out Warlord today - didn’t even think historical for some reason. Dedicated fantasy options are very slim on the ground.

1 Like