Edzig's Forces of Nature / Sylvan Kin

That is a bit strange, as Clash of Kings with close to 100 participants was there a week after they moved to the new location. It’s a great location for events.

If you want to see what upcoming events are on where in the UK, the best place to look is the kowmasters website.

It’s really strange, but no harm done though mistakes happen.

I’ve added a couple of units to me army for an event today. Here is a regiment of Hunters of the Wild to go with the two troops. I added these last minute, so had no time to get or assemble more models, so I had to stretch 10 into filling a regiment unit base. That’s why there’s a massive rock outcrop in the middle. Would you be happy to face this across the table or would you tut tut me for not meeting minimum model count?

11 Likes

I also painted up a couple of Druids. Amazing that I haven’t had any of these painted until now, in spite of playing mainly Forces of Nature for the last couple of years. I guess it’s partly because there hasn’t been much tabletop gaming because of Covid and partly that I was running my (almost) all trees list for quite a while.

The models are the old and new Mantic minis for the Druid. Although I don’t generally love the early spindly Mantic look, I have a soft spot for the Druid - there’s something about the pose that I like. The difference between the two does show how much better Mantic minis are now.

These are still WiP. They’ve had one coat of Army Painter Speed Paint and then two coats of varnish. I will go back and add some details, metallics and highlights later.

12 Likes

That is a lovely green colour on their robes!

2 Likes

Looking really good Ed

2 Likes

Kapoka answers the Green Lady’s call at last. He’s still looking a bit mossy after all those years snoozing in the glade. His young padowan Droog is with him to keep him awake and focused.

15 Likes

great use of static flock and lichen to age the old fella up without having to go all in converting the model to make him different from the sapling

2 Likes

Lovely work, especially the orange/yellow on Droog’s clothing!

I love these models, too…

2 Likes

Fantastic looking army

2 Likes

Here is a special character for an upcoming tournament. A great excuse to use one of the beautiful GW flying chariots and Wood Elf heroes that I have lying around.

9 Likes

And here are a few pictures of the whole army, ready to march.

17 Likes

Extraordinary work!

3 Likes

That’s fantastic Ed!

1 Like

Army looks stupendous all together, and the hawk chariot is very cool. I’m shocked how few of these I’ve seen ever, but the kit did release late in WHFB (and must not have been good enough on the table to be fielded en mass (therefor much at all)).

Good luck in the tournament!

2 Likes

Reinforcements!

Another regiment of Hunters of the Wild and Scorch Wings conscripted before they could escape over the mountains.

11 Likes

My army for Clash of Kings 2022 at the London GT this weekend.

12 Likes

Painted up a Hydra over Christmas.

11 Likes

that’s a great looking model. I do like the Hydra, I know some people don’t like it in game because of the variable stats. But I love that, it’s incredibly themematic.

where did you get yours from it suits very well?

3 Likes

Mine is a 3D print that I won as a prize at an event. I can’t remember where it is from, I’m afraid.

1 Like