Epic Warpath - Mantics 10-12mm Sci-Fi game

The ‘Epic Warpath’ Kickstarter is live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manticgames/warpath-the-game-of-epic-scale-sci-fi-warfare/description

Might be interesting for some of you.

8 Likes

Can’t seem to select add ons at the mo, just the main pledges

1 Like

Everything else is sorted through the Pledge Manager which will follow.

If you know what extras you need you can add extra money to cover it (but not select stuff at the moment) - it will show as credit in the Manager which you can then spend.

Otherwise, stick a basic pledge up and you have free rein to choose extras/upgrade etc in due course.

2 Likes

9 days to go on the KS.

Taken a little while, but Mantic have now announced a rejigged set of stretch goals for 4 other army factions and released a rough RRP for the pledges - lots of comments without this info, given maybe 12 month fulfilment, was "I’ll just wait for retail ".

This one is in effect the starter set (and seems to be most popular pledge) and is 45% off RRP.

5 Likes

The big question now is do I want the large terrain set too

1 Like

I’ve backed this quite strongly, but they definitely missed a trick by making the extras so difficult to add on initially! I imagine many people will still forget to add their add ons early, which affects the unlocks.

The MSRP definitely makes me feel better about backing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t think we’ll make it, but really hoping we unlock Nameless :crab: Easily the only faction I actually want, although I’m prepared to take Plague and lean into the weird stuff if I can’t have tentacle-crabs. I may be the only person on the internet who likes the plague rhino :sweat_smile:

GCPS seem like a shoe in, dunno if that unlock will boost us enough to hit Marauders, for which I know there’s quite a lot of support.

4 Likes

@Boss_Salvage - nah, I’m a fan of the mutant rhino thing.

For the 3d print crowd, they’ve updated the stl pledges - so £45 get you the reinforcements AND super heavy for a faction and have an “all-in” pledge at £125 for all the reinforcements/super heavies for ALL the factions that will be unlocked at the end of the KS.

3 Likes

@Boss_Salvage he’s a big lad!

On 80mm base for idea of scale

2 Likes

80mm! Christ! That’s a big one!

2 Likes

Well the KS finished with just under £400k taken, 8 different armies, free early rules to anyone with a pledge, an STL pack covering all the add ons stuff and lots of things to look forward to.

My hobby calendar from March/April 25 has been blocked out for a bit :wink:

5 Likes

Same here. In it for 2 factions with full reinforcements and 4 super heavies. Asterians were an easy choice from day 1. Nameless were a hopeful second though I think Veermyn if they hadn’t been unlocked. Congratulations to the Mantic team! Enjoy a well-deserved break and I look forward to what the future holds.

4 Likes

I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive … shoulda backed earlier. (Totally didn t have it on my radar that it would be an issue as I thought i could just use Paypal and was about to pledge on the last day … except no Paypal on KS noooo!)

Any idea if there will be a late pledge?

1 Like

I did the two armies package… Will do enforcers and plague I think.

Pledge manager for add ons isnt open yet, right?

To be honest, the 4 army package would have been a good saving on retail but its the wrong time for me as I bought a tonne of KOW and modelling stuff.

1 Like

My sons and I took the plunge with the 4-army package, some terrain, and the stls. Hopefully they like it when it arrives!

2 Likes

I went sergeant pledge with reinforcements and super heavy, full Forge Fathers army. Was a tough choice since since I’m interested in every faction but I realized that if I did what I usually do I would overdo it again, so just went with my big favorite.

1 Like

Pledge manager isn’t up - I’d think by end on March after they do more work on the stretch goal armies and decide exactly what is in those armies?

@Mikes i think they’ve done late pledge stuff in the past, esp as this has gone pretty well? Otherwise hook up with someone who is in?

Plague full in; GCPS and Enforcer armies; how they do Nameless bigger things is what I’m waiting for.

2 Likes

Is there anywhere with good lore writeup? We’re trying to figure out which factions we want to go with.

1 Like

that’s the digital warpath sourcebook, 190 pages of background, enjoy

4 Likes