Findol's Sylvan Kin (and other woodland friends)

Gonna call that a success overall :sweat_smile: Congrats!

1 Like

Very well deserved!!!

1 Like

In a 1st game of CoK22, the valiant forces of the Sylvan Kin sallied forth to face a force of the cursed Empire of Dust who were despoiling a river that wound through the Sylvan Kin’s precious lands.

Had a super fun game against a fellow newbie to Kings of War. Really nice guy and his fully 3d printed Empire of Dust looked fantastic on the table, especially with his matching battle mat!

13 Likes

Starting my first work on the Sylvan Kin formation with some Nasier swordsmen as a regiment of Forest Guard Grove Wardens.

8 Likes

What a nice army! Great Models and superbly painted = lots of personality

1 Like

1st Gladestalker troop done. Foliage to come in January probably.

11 Likes

I lied. Picked up some new foliage today and I really like how it provides some variety in colour and structure to what I was using before. Probably going to go back and add some more to my other bases.

Gladestalker troop #1 properly done now.

13 Likes

Got started on my Wardens of the Sacred Grove formation plus an Archwraith. I feel like the Archwraith is kind of an obligatory part with 2 Boskwraith units getting TC1 for 20pts.
The finished Boskwraith troop was finished last year.
These should be the first units that I’ll try with magnetized bases.

I’ve been writing some lore for my army but not sure if I should post it here.

8 Likes

nice to see more work going on. There is a lore section, but if you are writing about the army you’re building in particular I wouldn’t mind seeing it in here with your paintwork.

It will help identify what you’re talking about as you go along which helps me.

Entirely up to you though.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful looking army, well done

1 Like

Thanks Dan! It’s been a lot of fun to work on this past 18 months or so. It all started in Grade 10 with my copy of Chronicles 2004. They had cool rules for a Wood elf army on there and I’ve been on that train ever since.

2 Likes

Progress report!
Got a Forest Guard regiment base primed and painted today. We’ll see how the Woodland Scenics water effects goes on the stream.
Minis are 3/4 done.
Ari’ana is nearly done as well and I’ll be half done the formation!

7 Likes

Finished Forest Guard regiment #1 tonight!
First foray into water effects which were fun to play with.

13 Likes

Finished the base on Ar’iana the Wanderer Queen for the formation.
2nd regiment of Forest Guard are nearly done. Needs some flocking/foliage and hopefully the pond will get less Milly over time. I put the water effect paste on too thick (all in one go) so instead of 24hrs to cure it’s been nearly a week now.

8 Likes

Got the foliage on the 2nd regiment of FG now.

Some wishful thinking about unit options.
A Horde of Hunters of the Wild

A Legion of Forest Guard

16 Likes

That looks wonderful and lush.
Really creats a sense of a mystic forest.

2 Likes

Very neat runes and such on the rocks, too

1 Like

Thanks Darkblack😁 I like to think of the Moonwood as a thoroughly magical forest, like Athel Loren from the Old World which was where this whole army started.

2 Likes

Thanks Wilberforce; I started trying to copy Elf runes from other sources but ended up just making them up on the spot.
I’ve found time definitely factors in to blending the glowing runes. The red ones are the ones I’ve spent by far the most time on and they were my first ones but I still like them the best.

1 Like

Gladestalker troop #2 and also regiment #1.

15 Likes