Findol's Sylvan Kin (and other woodland friends)

WIP 2nd regiment of Gladestalkers.
Kitbash of Skorne Praetorian bodies and old Wood Elf archer parts.

8 Likes

Starting Forest Shambler regiment x 2/horde.
Really wanted the mushroom queen to be my Avatar of the Green Lady but she’s just way too big for an infantry base so she’ll be joining the shamblers!

9 Likes

Treeman #2 WIP as well!

8 Likes

These conversions look great, and very unexpected base model for 'Stalkers!

2 Likes

Thanks Boss! I wanted my next gen Gladestalkers to have a more martial feel to them. My Master Hunter went well so I decided to make the rest with those bodies. Unpainted the heads and arms look a bit small but once they’re all done you don’t really notice.
The Praetorian bodies were going to be my Soul Reaver Infantry but I’m using Nihilators instead.

10 Likes

Nearly finished Gladestalker regiment #2. Waiting to put the last few bodies on until the water is finished.

12 Likes

That’s an awesome waterfall it really looks like the water is flowing.

1 Like

Thanks! The Woodland scenics surface water is very thick stuff so it’s a bit challenging to get spread out evenly but it smushes into some satisfying rapids. The waterfall is actually some clear tag attacher things from clothing. I glued them down and spread the water paste stuff over them.

1 Like

Summer project officially finished. It was squishy to fit 11 of these super soldier sized Gladestalkers on the regiment base but we made it happen!

Today I repainted my Wanderer Queen for the formation, Ari’ana. The old black hair and white dress we’re really hard to pull off and didn’t show any of the textures of the hair or dress.

6 Likes

Bonus waterfall shot.

7 Likes

Massive improvement on Ari’ana there! Love it

1 Like

Thanks Luke!

The wife and I had been talking for some time about building a good spot to display and store my minis. Finally went to Home Depot today and got the job done!

Feels crazy that in a couple of years I’ve finished over 5k points of Sylvan Kin.

11 Likes

They look extremely solid! Especially covered in so much nicely painted minis :clap:

1 Like

Been awhile since I’ve worked on some Sylvan Kin. With the CoK23 buff to The Windborne I finally have a reason to make up a unit.
Mainline cav are GW Wood Elf light cav with Tzaangor Skyfire bows.
The unit leader is a Wood Elf Noble on Great stag with some upgraded antlers and a Tzaangor bow.
After sitting ina box for nearly 15 years, I’m pretty excited that the Stag Lord will finally hit the table.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Archwraith to run up with the formation. Haven’t tried her out there yet but we’ll see.

Sylvan Elf Archmage

6 Likes

Krueger felt a bit boring so I added some grass and lightning effect. Quick job but it feels better now.

8 Likes

Nearly finished an Orboros Druid that will bolster the ranks of my Forest Guard horde.
Thought he might be a tad too big but he fits in nicely!

4 Likes

WIP Silverbreeze regiment #2. Got shot off the table last night by a pair of Ambarox but that was my fault!

9 Likes