Firefight news & chitchat

Teaser for the next wave

4 Likes

Some new variants for the tunneler:

3 Likes

I was a bit worried about the ā€œtank battlesā€ direction, but actually it seems to be being done alright. Not sure Iā€™ll be going all in on annihilation, but some xtra vehicles are always cool and apparently new other units coming soon too.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

More preorders are up:

2 Likes

I must say I am more into anihilation than into regular games. Lucky I do have a painted 1k rat list but tanks sounds kooler.

2 Likes

I like that itā€™s an alternative so I can jump back and forth between them. Iā€™m looking forward to getting the book and seeing how it pans out

3 Likes
2 Likes

Honestly never expected NS showing up in the Warpath universe.
That being said it will be interesting to see how they play and what modifications and new stuff they would get to ā€˜fitā€™ in the setting.

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s an interesting twist. If they make their way into Deadzone, Iā€™ll definetly give them a try.

1 Like

I guess there are already some Nightstalkers in some facility of the Mazon Labs!

3 Likes

A very immersive site for infos on the Nightstalkers is up. You can log in with your Mantic account.

You have to solve some puzzles to get pics of the new Nightstalkers.

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting for someone to post screenshots as I canā€™t get it to work on my tablet

2 Likes

Iā€™m an hour into it and still canā€™t crack the code, tried dozens of variants on the potential clues, including numerical replacements of letters etc. Itā€™s either very tricky or has a really obvious solution that Iā€™m just missing.

sequence one is easy
sequence two has three possible sources
sequence three could be a lot of things, including one of the sequence two potentials

Iā€™m hoping the share price doesnā€™t have anything to do with that, since it changes constantly and thereā€™s a few different ways to interpret it numerically.

14 xā€™s indicates that weā€™re looking for 14 numbers, but more can be inputted to confuse matters.

I made sure to watch funny_cats.mov all the way through to make sure there was nothing in there. :slight_smile:

I might not have time to figure it out before Monday, but really enjoying participating anyway, this is the best online thing Mantic has ever done. There might only be a small number of people that crack everything if the next two puzzles are just as tricky.

2 Likes

It definetly is pretty cool. Couldnā€™t crack it myself and I assume weā€™re not supposed to. The newsletter mentiones further infos on Monday 27th and Wednesday 29th. I bet those will be number sequences 2 &3.

1 Like

After another hour of pottering around, I can confirm that the code can be cracked!

All Iā€™ll say is that ensure being underlined in the email is a complete red herring (it is the word directly behind the word you in the email so I dithered on it for far too long!), as is the stock ticker and the veer-myn email.

The last part is easier on desktop, mobile doesnā€™t provide the same giveaway hint towards what you need to do.

3 Likes

I looked behind me now! Still donā€™t know the second part.

2 Likes

Ok, got it. Now I know to look really careful when the next updates hit. This is a brilliant and immersive way to introduce new models/factions, btw!

2 Likes

Much easier today, done in 5 minutes, anyone familiar with Mantic will solve it in no time.

I love that the .xls file hints that microsoft is still a megacorp in the warpath universe. :wink:

2 Likes