Fred's Yellow Elves

I have started to repurpose my old GW dark elf army. Will also paint some high elves and wood elves. The plan is to have them all in a yellow scheme and be able to use large parts of the army as all 3 Elf lists. Elves, Twilight Kindred and Sylvan kindred all in one.

Had a bag of wood elf heads so started by cutting off all the dark elf heads on the spearmen and crossbowmen.

Unit basing. All plastic models which have proper feet and no “metal tab” under the model will have their base clipped/sawed off and will be fastened to multibases with 1mm brass rod in one foot and pinned through the mdf base, and pva glue under both feet just to keep them from pivoting around. The pin does all the job really.

First troop done. Will do most units in troops so I can flex with army setup more than if I used only regiments. Plus troops use less space in my foam solution (sabol army case).

13 Likes

Very clever to build a 3-in-1 army! I like the colour scheme a lot.

1 Like

2 x Tallspear regiments (2x2 troops)

Archer regiment (2 troops)

Sea Guard configuration (1 troop Archer + 1 troop spear)

3 Likes

Adding some work in progress photos.

“executioners” (Impalers with +1 CS if I ever use them)

Regiment of Impalers / palace guard (DE black guard)

Blade dancers/boskwraiths/gladestalkers

Blade dancers/boskwraiths

8 Likes

4 Likes

Army looks great, how much have you played them?

Which of the 3 elf armies do you currently enjoy the most?

1 Like

Sorry to say I have only had them on the painting table so far :grin: but its Twilight Kin I am aiming towards first and foremost

I love the yellow colour scheme. It also has the advantage that yellow is not an obviously ‘good’ or ‘evil’ colour, so you can use them for any brand of elves you choose.

1 Like

@Edzig thanks! And yes, yellow fits the bill nicely because of that.

Here are some photos of what is done so far.

Close ups:

More very soon to follow!

6 Likes

God I love seeing multibased painted kow armies. Think it’s why the game has become my latest obsession .This army looks fantastic! Colour scheme works so well.

1 Like

Thanks alot :slight_smile:

Here are some more units, motivated by a couple of losses I had with my first list. :slight_smile:

2 x Gargoyle troop

2 x ASB and 2 x mounted Soulbane

2 x Bolt Thrower

3 x Silverbreeze Cavalry troop

Abyssal Horsemen regiment (or 2 x Troops)

4 Likes

Those horsemen look great!

p.s. silverbreeze in regiments are lethal

1 Like