Game 163 - Forces of Nature - 2022/10/23

Hi @Edzig!

Thank you very much for your comment! It was great to play against you again and I am glad you enjoyed the battle!

I am also glad to know that the army kept the theme during the transition as at the moment I have some concerns. Perhaps it is just lack of practice under 3rd edition!

Hm, interesting. I wonder where I am wrong with Scout move? I assumed that your Shamblers, if they are exactly 24" from the enemy, if they move at a double during Scout move would be 12" away from the enemy. If you get the first turn, you should be able to charge. What did I miss?

I am glad I provided a challenge for you and your army! It is a very good force and I am sure you will have many successes with it. I knew I need to use my ranged attacks to help to reduce your melee capabilities as you have more units that can fight than I do.

It is good to know I surprised you a little and that you had to change the plan! :slight_smile: But I agree that you adapted very well and indeed, sending Pegasus to distract the Archers worked very well. I was not able to risk any flank or rear charges as they were carrying the tokens.

I was lucky your Tree Herder was not attacking my units every turn. He is quite capable of routing any unit in a single round of melee! And in the end, I still had to hold my breath during the last charge! :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to our games in the future already too! I am going to participate in Australian Clash of Kings this weekend and I wonder if I am going to get back with a decision to change the army further. At this stage I am not fully comfortable with it but I hope it is just a matter of practice and that I can still put up a decent fight with it!

Thanks!

1 Like

The rules on deployment are: “The person scoring highest chooses one long edge of the battlefield as their own and then places one of their units on that side
of the battlefield, more than 12” from the middle line.” So it’s more than 12" from the middle line and therefore two 12" moves will not get you to the enemy units deployed also “more than” 12" from the middle line.

Good luck at Aussie Clash of Kings. I will be at my first 3rd edition tournament: Winter Wonderland, but rocking Empire of Dust not Nature as I have a lot of assembling and painting to do on the trees and centaurs before they’ll be tabletop ready.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification @Edzig! All the best at the tournament too!

Hello!

Here is the link to my most recent battle report of Kings of War. Elves vs Forces of the Abyss in Push scenario, commanded by Si Brand .

Game 133 - Forces of the Abyss - 2020/01/24

Many thanks to Simon for a great game!

3 Likes

Thank you for another easy to follow battle report. I particularly like the way you layout your plan at the beginning and then reflect on how it went.

I know you’re sticking with the same list to learn what it can do but do you have any early thoughts on possible changes?

1 Like

Btw, the Silverbreeze are missing from your army list in the last two games. Thought you’d want to know!

1 Like

Hi @MarkG!

Thank you very much for your comments! I am really happy to know you like the discussions before and after the battle. I think it is important to do so and I learned quite a lot just by comparing what I wanted to achieve with I did to do so.

Thanks for spotting the missing Silverbreeze troops! I have just added them to the lists.

I don;t mind implementing changes and I often did but perhaps it was nothing too dramatic at a time :slight_smile: However, at this stage I was simply not sure what the change may be. Instead, I decided to go for Australian Clash of Kings to learn some more about 3rd edition and my own army.

The experiment was much more successful and I think I will have 6 very interesting battle reports to present. That will also add a lot to consider for the army list I have at the moment.

Watch this space! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it was more successful, looking forward to the reports!

1 Like

Excitement!!

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to the introduction of the series of the battle reports from my games during the most recent Clash of Kings Australia 2020.

Clash of Kings Australia 2020 - Introduction

I will do my best to have the first battle report ready in a few days, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

An impressive level of organisation (and discipline) to write these up in detail!

Looking forward to the reports.

1 Like

I’m pumped! Lots of different armies too, great to see.

1 Like

OK, I’ve had a quick look at the deployments and armies and have you down to win games 2 (although the terrain does not look good for you), 5 and 6 and to lose games 1, 3 and 4. Just off to the bookies to place my bets, so no time to explain why!

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to my first game of Kings of War during Clash Of Kings Australia 2020. Elves vs Forces of Basilea commanded by Trevor in Fools’ Gold scenario.

Game 134 - Forces of Basilea - 2020/02/02

Many thanks to Trevor for a great game!

7 Likes

Another great report. Well done for keeping an eye on the scenario and getting the draw despite the timeout.

Did you feel at a disadvantage not having cheap chaff while your opponent had the gur panthers?

1 Like

My first prediction turns out wrong, but to be fair he should have won!****

1 Like

Hi @MarkG!

Thanks a lot! I am really happy that despite the mistakes I didn’t lose it all!

No, I do not see I am disadvantaged as I do not have the similar units such as Gur Panthers in my army. I am sure they are useful and I absolutely love the models! I even considered them for Battle Cats, if I decided to include them in my army list in the future.

What I learned in my games is that if you have a cheap unit as a bait, the opponent may not take it. The trap is too obvious. But if you offer something tougher, the temptation may be harder to resist. Of course, you better have your trap prepared well, otherwise you lose valuable unit for nothing!

Cheers!

Hi @Edzig!

I agree, I got lucky in this battle so for the purpose of our game of predictions, I consider that you were still correct. I informed the bookies accordingly :slight_smile:

Cheers!

You played the scenario like a boss and pulled out the draw!

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to the battle report from my second game of Kings of War during Clash of Kings Australia. This time Elves vs Forces of the Abyss commanded by Jonathon in Raze scenario.

Game 135 - Forces of the Abyss - 2020/02/03

Many thanks to Jonathon for a great game!

5 Likes