Halflings

Mantic halfling army has arrived :slightly_smiling_face:

The halflings are “heroic” compared to the WA ones, but different styles means I wouldn’t use them in a mixed unit anyway. The mantic arms and heads (bit of trimming) will fit the WA models if done consistently.

The dog cav are 28mm historical cav sized and riders look swapable if you wanted horses.

Some comparison/mock up pics to follow

The resin is quality as normal. The harvester is a big chunk of kit.

9 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

1 Like

Doing 2 reg//horde of wild runners (the victrix gaul fanatic heads look like they fit nicely for a mass of ginger b*ggers with taches on dogs!)!

Some poachers with dogs and bows. Most of the rest just as braves probably.

Have most of the hero options covered, but a muster captain on dog needs to be done (pig & emu so far!)

1 Like

Start of some kitbashed poachers - bows from the WA ones plus a few odd and ends. Will string up some dead things on the fencing as per the Feastmasters.

Initial basing work for the two wild runner regiments/horde

8 Likes

very very keen to see the whole army come together, especially the kit bashed elements!

2 Likes

Little bit of progress.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Poachers, army so far and the next thing on the build list.

13 Likes

Woah @Sceleris !!! :open_mouth: That army is coming along nicely and looks completely awesome :grinning:

Will still take me a while till I can array a force like that, but watch out … I’m catching up … kinda like that turtle in the fable, slowly but steadily LOL :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sceleris, how do you think the Mantic riders (which I prefer) would fit on the pigs (also prefer)? Thanks!

2 Likes

Main issue is that the mantic riders are completely separate an include a bit of saddle - the TT pig cavalry have the riders legs attached, with the torso separate.

Haven’t checked the scaling directly, but it might be possible to cut some of the mantic bodies in half

Sounds like it might also work to trim the legs off the pig then, and cover them with the Mantic legs?

1 Like

The rider bodies/saddles are a fair bit bigger.

I’ll take a comparison pic later

@JollyLark here are a couple of comparison shots - hope that helps.

7 Likes

@Sceleris That’s super useful, thanks!

1 Like

Adding a bit further variety into the mounted units - horses to go with pigs, dogs and emus!

7 Likes

Some rubber balls and some netting from a lidls garlic bunch might just mean I’m doing something a bit odd!

2 Likes

9 Likes

Brilliant!

2 Likes

Further WiP - possibly bit silly but £2 for 6 works :wink:

11 Likes