How to do sieges?

hello! Always loved a good castle siege, but I almost have no clue how exactly you would do one in KoW. Just curious how it would work honestly, just to live up to playing a battle of Helms deep in this fantasy game!

there are specific rules for them in the Clash of Kings 2019 sourcebook, which was the very last book of 2nd edition. these rules still mostly hold, you just need to tweak a few minor things for 3rd ed. (like adding +1 to all the heights listed for the walls) pages 2 through 21 are the rules you need.

digital edition can be found here: Clash of Kings: 2019 Digital 2nd Edition - Mantic Games

@Gerrcinn edited them to.fit 3rd edition. It’s all on this forum!

3 Likes

awesome! these are great, even if my ADD makes it hard to read it.

Gonna have to give it a try sometime!

1 Like

If you pm me an e-mail adress, I can send them without the background.

1 Like

Have also started experimenting with Siege in 3rd, link to exp rules doc and report here.

3 Likes

Have also started experimenting with Siege in 3rd, link to exp rules doc and report here.

Thanks for the report, I have not seen an actual siege played out before, and your castle looked great with the full ramparts!

2 Likes

it’s not the background it’s more the… blocks of texts that get me. nothing too bad, and I can probably muscle through it later lol.

1 Like

Cheers yes will likely tweak further as defender bonus might not be quite good enough , and some aspects ambiguous (e.g. can defenders still shoot at a unit outside walls that engaged your unit on wall - answer in regular game would be no but maybe they should be able to here).