Joe's All- Mantic Dwarf army plog for 3rd

Vigo has it- black undercoat, bright colours blocked in, but not meeting- leaving a bit of black showing. Much easier now with the densely pigmented paints. Blue is great for this because it covers so well.

2 Likes

Thanks. I might give it a try.

Steel Behemoth in progress

13 Likes

That’s going to look sharp when you’re done!

1 Like

King done. All the shields in the army have a diagonal white bar on a plain blue shield, so I decided the shield with the hammer on the Steel Behemoth could be the royal coat of arms, and so tried to freehand it onto a shield for him.25

13 Likes

giving some thought to army standard designs.

5 Likes

I personally prefer the left one. This banner seems to stress out the bright blue colour better.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing. Takes me right back to the 90’s! So clean and crisp. Sadly it is a style that I no longer use. That being said I can really admire your work and can imagine how great the force is going to look when deployed.

For the banners, I prefer the one on the right, the blue should be the big focal colour, as it is the main colour of your models. Black is too dark for your bright colour scheme, so should be used sparingly.

2 Likes

Agree. The one on the right pairs better with the color scheme.

1 Like

Cheers guys. I think I’m going to use the brighter one.

5 Likes

You made the right choice. You could use the other one for a special unit. Like “The Black Hammers”, a unit of Brock Riders who are clad in black armor or something. It’s a bit on the nose, but it illustrates my point.

1 Like

These are great, really like the old school style.

1 Like

ah, good idea cheers!

thanks everyone. Here’s my wavy flag lad done

10 Likes

I’m prepping a regiment of Ironwatch, but I’m also working on a conversion for a King on Large Beast. I want to stick to Mantic models only if I can, just as a challenge really, so I’m using this model from the Mars Attacks game. I’ll have to have

a think about what artefact I could add to reflect a giant flea!

1 Like

Hann’s Sanguinary Scripture comes to mind. Lifeleech would fit the giant blood sucker.

1 Like

Good thinking! I was just thinking about some sort of movement bonus, I hadn’t even considered reflecting the bloodsucking aspect! Ace.

5 Likes

That is super fun!

1 Like

Love it :blush: Props on mining the other Mantic ranges to fill your need, extra props on using the mega flea!

1 Like

Thanks all! Having a lot of fun with this army. I’m waiting for a triad of brown paints to arrive to finish the flea. In the meantime, here aresome shooty lads. These ones are all one pose as I’m batch painting a regiment. I think a lot of people don’t like the slightly indistinct sculpting around the face on this sculpt, but as I’m doing a sort of blacklining technique by blocking in colour over a black base and leaving black between areas, I can add more definition than the sculpt has, which wouldn’t work with washing or drybrushing. I really do like this sculpt though- its imperfections add to its character for me.

7 Likes