Judiciously Join the Painting in Jolly June! - painting topic

Love the dwarf.

Got a couple of Fireforge fantasy kits and are nice. Will be interesting to see how these work with the oathmark kits

2 Likes

Gah, celcius… i feel like this is a competition. 36 degrees celcius here today. Rah!

3 Likes

It was around 20 degrees here in the North West of Ireland yesterday which is warm enough when walking the dog in the afternoon sun, but a light breeze helps. I have been field testing out my new Multi-purpose Dwarf army yesterday with a 6th edition Warhammer game, against my Savage Orcs , which they did well aginst. (it was also handy to refresh myself over those rules as i’m rusty at it.) Now, we will flip to KOW and i’ll get a chance to unlease my Brock Riders against Northern Alliance or maybe my Goblins

4 Likes

Working on diarama style movement trays that allow based models on without glueing them to the base so they can be used on different game rules,
The first one has 10 orcs (a full troop) in it, always a cchallenge to fit them on a movement tray of any kind being bulky and all, but they fit ok and can be removed too, when they die.

11 Likes

two more movement trays done. AND you could always use them as terrain too.

9 Likes

Really neat idea @Nav!

3 Likes

Many thanks @MechaSturgeon . i have limited gaming options nearby, with other gamers switching to Warhammer 6th edition. Some of my armies are dedicated KoW, (Northern Alliance, The Herd and my Mantic Goblins (i have both old GW and New Mantic Gobboes) but my Orcs have gone back to individual bases and my new Free Dwarf was built with both options in mind. However, i do love Diarama style bases. So, after some thought, i came up with a workable solution.

3 Likes

Belgium actually, so not much worse then what you guys had to suffer through.
And yeah it was not comfortable but I wanted to finish something for a game a friend and I were planning.
Besides finishing up my friends Frost Giant would have felt like twisting the knife that day.

2 Likes

Finally, a base for horde of Free Dwarfs

12 Likes

My painting has slowed down about 90% with the new job, but here are two hordes of Wights for my son’s Undead army–

12 Likes

Squad leader no4 ( leaper no 16) and a group shot of the squad leaders

12 Likes

The little boat took longer than the big boat. I was going to make the red gems shiny but decided i like the more dull look.

13 Likes

And my 6th Drakon is about done. Just waiting for the varnish to dry :slight_smile: Will post some full Horde pics later on!

12 Likes

Just a small point.
I think we might have overdone the June title. July is quicjly following June this year… again.

3 Likes

Jubilant? :wink:

2 Likes

Junkyard? A focus on kitbashes?

3 Likes

July painting juggernaughts?

2 Likes

i take it all back. Fair play to you all. Who googled it, and who used a dictionary? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Leaper 17

4 Likes

WIP 2nd regiment of Gladestalkers

They’re a pretty buff bunch of Elves; gonna be a challenge to get them all on a regiment base!

13 Likes