Judiciously Join the Painting in Jolly June! - painting topic

Troop of Soul Reavers finished.

8 Likes

WiP - Abyssal Hunt knights and a couple of pack horses to go with them.

12 Likes

13 Likes

Wow @Sceleris! Fast as ever! Good job on the crazy Badger Dwarves! :smile:

1 Like

They look awesome, one thing has been playing on my mind though, are the dwarfs wearing badger fur capes while they ride the badgers? That’s so sadistic i love it, riding the badger into battle while wearing one of it’s relatives.

2 Likes

Many thanks @coOk_pAss_BaBtridge
and yes, they are indeed wearing badger skins. Maybe, it’s an incentive to ensure that the mounts are manageable and enthusiastic, or weren’t big enough.

Perhaps it’s the same farm that takes old dogs and cats when they need a new home.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: that’s hilarious and awful

3 Likes

many thanks @Cartwright . i editted it twice to reduce the anti-PC part of it, but i couldn’t eliminate it entirely and still answer the question with a humourous responce.

2 Likes

All done!

Now back to the Elves!

15 Likes

I spent this month getting ready for a tournament that was this past weekend. While originally I was going to finish up the second iteration of my Herd army, I really hated playing it in the test games I did, so decided to update my crabs instead. This meant swapping all the green accents to blue, painting the claw tips black and glossing them, adding a brighter bone highlight to feet + mandibles, and adding lots of tufts. Here’s the army ready to rumble:

And a close-in on the heroes and a couple big boys:

Really happy I put in the work, and have a couple more things to add for a 2600 point GT in 5 or so weeks :crab:

15 Likes

Looking good, i like the crab with the spear it’s huge, he could kill an enemy from the other side of the board.

2 Likes

The huge banner pole on the tiny crab-thing? Sometimes you need a little help whipping that bastion out the full 12" :fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes

Those crustaceans are brilliant!

2 Likes

Second horde of Scarecrows done. Definitely went with quality over quantity on this one… might add some more in later

12 Likes

That’s an awesome collection

2 Likes

I suppose I might be getting into the Herd because I’ve been painting minotaurs.

17 Likes

WIP Free Dwarf army unit. Ive opted to build my Free Dwarfs without the diarama base format i opted for my other armies, so that I can play them on more than one gaming option. Although the badger riders will be challenging to use in other rule systems.

I’ve touched the dudes up over and over and every time I do, i spot another error.

currently waiting for grass glue to dry, as well as the movement tray, then a final wash on the face etc.

12 Likes

First few knights and the pack horses done for the Abyssal Hunt.

15 Likes

Two regiments and a troop of villein bowmen, plus another ice kin bolt thrower.

On the good news front, I just received a promotion at work. On the bad news front, that means I’ll be much busier and less able to spend all day painting going forward :joy:

14 Likes

Next lot of Abyssal Hunt knights

13 Likes