Judiciously Join the Painting in Jolly June! - painting topic

That’s awesome, nicely done

2 Likes

Beautiful work

1 Like

Thanks very much. I’ve used the bird things as tundra wolves, never thought about Fallen

2 Likes

Always love seeing your stuff, great work

1 Like

Many thanks @DanKennedy

2 Likes

Oh, that’s certainly legit as well! Impressive amount of fast critter chaff with the rats too, very nice.

2 Likes

The flexibility of combining two troops is really nice for list construction. I haven’t used a regiment sized tray underneath in game and moving two troop bases around as a regiment feels a bit wonky. I definitely like the regiment base the best. I am generally a hobbyist first so I prefer having the space that the regiment base provides.

Varying heights is something that I like to include as much as I reasonably can. Again, as a hobbyist, I imagine my army existing in a particular place and I try to make use of the base size to include as much dynamic terrain as I can fit.

4 Likes

i tend to have my diorama bases set in the sizes that i usually prefer them to play in, @Findol . For example, in my Northern Alliance i have 1 troop of Human Clansmen, 3 Regiments, (you can never have enough Human Clansmen which can go together as a horde, and one Horde of Human Clansmen. Plus a couple of Packhunter troop units.
As you said, i prefer the units to be whole as two being one is a bit wonky, but useful at times. The exception to this rule is in my Goblins or Orcs when i ‘Go BIG or go home’ and want Legions. For these, I have made a Legion Base, and a Horde base, that slots snugly into the larger Legion base like a peg in a hole, so it isnt clunky at all. See pic attached. The bridge holds a horde of orcs and the small strip of land /river holds enough additional models to upgrade to a legion

12 Likes

Another leaper ( no. 14) leader joins the army

7 Likes

That bridge looks awesome. I like the peg-in-hole idea for connecting. I’ve considered including mini magnets to attach mine.

3 Likes

The last unit (for the moment) in my Green Lady army: a horde of Forsaken. Not very happy with most of the pictures, but what can you do…

17 Likes

Those are pretty decent pics, far better than the ones my new phone does. As for the models, they look great

2 Likes

Very cool models, love the height!

2 Likes

Thanks to the person who thought of the idea to introduce inks and contrast to the hobby.

15 Likes

Nice to see you finally finished the army! What an upcoming tournament does, right?

And with three days to spare! Generous!

All said, compliments on your achievement!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I love those night goblin models…

2 Likes

Yes, I painted 1000 points in a year and half, then committed to the tournament and did 1300 in three months…

In unrelated news, I just read a remark about only second-rate artists needing deadlines.

3 Likes

Beautiful work! I love this.

2 Likes

Those Hippogryphs(?) look awesome! I’m always looking for flying cav for Elves that are birdlike; those are super cool.

2 Likes

I did a bit of stencil work on my TAD Hornet:

9 Likes