Jumbo June! - painting topic

Slowly plucking away at the Dwagon … taking a while as expected and still lots to do. (Wings not finished yet mostly, underside not done at all yet)

But … it’s getting there :grinning:

P.S. There s also a Teaser in there on what i’ll do next :laughing:

11 Likes

Going to do the drakons in the same style?

Possibly @Sceleris, I’ll finish the Dragon and then decide if I like it :wink:

I definitely like the idea of red Drakons though, to make them stand out a bit more in my otherwise mostly green army that would be running the risk of looking a bit samey if I don’t break it up a bit. :wink:

Order of the Brotherhood regiments

12 Likes

Ending with a bang! Converted old Mage Knight miniatures for regiments (or horde) of Earth Elementals and Steel Juggernaut.

13 Likes

Those look brilliant! Very thematic for a Dwarf list as well.

1 Like

Following a couple of comments on FB regarding the amount of stuff I’d painted since lockdown began, thought I’d dig up some bits. These were both started in around May last year.

Tend to build armies with consistent basing/dual purpose units, with a variety if different themes.

First up is a woodland style one, lots of fallen pillars and Poundland foliage :wink: FoN, SK, Elves & OotGL - bit over 8k with just WYSIWYG upgrades.

Next is a dark age vibe Varangur & undead one - this comes in at about 12k

14 Likes

Next of the collated army pics. This is a Hundred Years War style KoM/Brothermark/Basilean army - approx 6k.

About 1/3 of it were rebased stuff from an earlier KoM army (previously my WHFB Empire army) - the rest done since January.

11 Likes

Love the shots of your armies packed together like that @Sceleris, shows how cohesive they are, especially tonally. And I’m a sucker for tone :wink:

1 Like

Really impressive @Sceleris :slightly_smiling_face: I’m barely getting up to my first 2000pts so seeing how imposing these armies are fully painted is really inspiring :grinning:

1 Like

@Mikes

Cheers both. Yeah, tend to try for cohesive looking armies - basing & colour scheme being key as there are a wide range of manufacturers, models etc

2 Likes

And another work in progress pic: Calling the dragon all done now, after about 2 and a half weeks of working on it, whew :grinning: Turned out pretty much exactly how I imagined it, so I’m pretty happy :slight_smile: … now to finish the rider!

10 Likes

it’s looking great @Mikes

1 Like

Next gratuitous army shots :wink:

KoM/Basilean army. Still inbv2 mode as includes some (now illegal) allies. About 4.5k

Standalone Forces of the Abyss - 5k

Eastern/Arab style KoM/Rhordia - about 5k

10 Likes

Got my Boskwraiths and Dragon Kindred Lord finished this week. Yay summer!

12 Likes

Love the boskwraiths - very cool

Force is looking great! Cool use of those vamps as bosks.

1 Like

Great work as usual. Your speed and quality are top notch!

@Findol, really like that Dragon. Where is it from?

These were some older armies - late 2019 onwards - but didn’t really have collected army pics.

Halflings are ext up :wink:

Thanks @Boss_Salvage and @Sceleris !
I wanted them to look like murdery forest witches. The first one in the back is darker but didn’t look Wood Elf enough so I brightened the others up.
The Miniature Market sales have furnished me with a ton of Wrath of Kings minis to find some use for.

@Stonehorse The dragon is a Drake from Rocketpig games, a few friends and I went in on the kickstarter awhile back. The rider is a Spire Stalker from the Corvus Cabal Slaves to Darkness from GW. The rest of the squad will be my Treeleapers once I get around to that project.

3 Likes