• The Trident Realm

• Abyssal Dwarfs

• Forces of the Abyss

• Empire of Dust

• Goblins

• Nightstalkers

• Orcs

• Undead

Also noticed that they’ve added at least one more level to height (infantry shown are 2, large infantry/cav are 3), and were legions already US 4? I thought they capped out at 3 with hordes.

4 Likes

US 4 is new. An extra level of height and the armies included are not a surprise, they are a good sign though.

Looks like the third edition I hoping for.

3 Likes

There is a new Special rule: “shattering (n)” for ranged attacks with similiar effect as “brutal” for melee attacks. Seems to be a good possibility to make warmachines with one 1 attack more usefull, without overpowering them. I`m very curious how this will turn out in the army lists. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

^ Northern Alliance Clansmen / Pack Hunters multi-part plastic kit

Also:

The two-player starter set is packed full of lovely plastic miniatures, which we would hate to crush with a massive 400-page hardback tome. So, with that in mind, Shadows in the North will come with a 200-page softback rulebook, rather than the limited-edition hardback rulebook we spoke about yesterday.

Yes please!

6 Likes

Well that is all kind of awesome.
I wonder what the pack hunters will be. Human spear infantry? Maybe mixed with ice naiads and ice elfs?

Anyone know the scale on these? If they are close to fireforge I will need to pick up a small horde of berzerkers for my northern KoM army.

I’m most excited about the “spellcaster tiers” mentioned in the Beastsofwar piece.

As an aside, when did BoW change their name?

Yes, they did: their new name is On Tabletop
(And Welcome here. Good to see you in the forum again :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Damn, those Northern Alliance Clansmen look really good! I should tell my employer to transfer a part of my salary directly to Mantic!

The northmen are pretty large from what I have seen, almost like 32mm. But I am not an expert.

That’s to bad. I found that the old sisterhood infantry fit perfectly with my perry miniatures, while the new ones were a little big. I had hoped that these would be more 28mm than 32.

Have you seen them??? Mantic models tends to be on the smaller side. You are not confusing them with the Vanguard Berserkers?

You are right, I am only basing my assumption on the vanguard northern alliance models. These might be smaller.

Really hope they are, these are perfect as more ad hoc forces for my army.

Huscarls are bigger. These are 20mm not 25mm based… these are normal human sized

2 Likes

i suspect there will be a lot of Varangur players buying Northern Alliance basic infantry sets. given that the humans of the Alliance are probably related to the tribes that produced the Varangur, it would certainly make sense that they have a similar visual feel.

1 Like

Titans are here! I wonder what my Undead will get? Elder undead dragon?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like upgrades will be a thing on some units, where the costs vary between troop/reg/horde to reflect the relative difference in in-game value
:+1::heart: