KOW 3E Teasers on Mantic Blog

Im betting that cannons get Shattering.

1 Like

Snow foxes FTW!

1 Like

Oh my, so many shiny new toys! Those models are really good, but I must say, if I were to choose a second army, I would probably choose Basileans. They are the better counterpart for my evil Undead. Good, clean, disciplined and holy. They offer the better contrast. And the new Phoenix is great!

Just pre-ordered the rulebook and the magic/item cards!

Pre-ordered the Gamers Edition Bundle, just couldnā€™t resist :wink:

1 Like

I wasnā€™t sure about the objectives. I bet they are the ones from Vanguard and Iā€™ve got them already. And also donā€™t know what the ā€˜Nerve diceā€™ are.

Yeah, Iā€™ve got those too. If they are the same, so be it ^^
Would have been nice to see a picture of everything included, like the nerve dice, but I like to support Mantic, so itā€™s somehow worth it anyway.

1 Like

Buying Mantic stuff is always worth it! @MYamatoSH

Well, requested a refund and ordered the Gamers bundle instead. Mantic 1,Keno 0 :smirk:

1 Like

Im a huge Mantic fan- but some of their actions I just donā€™t understand. $40 for 5 Tundra Wolves? WTF is Mantic thinking? What a waste of time/effort. GW has way better Fenrisian wolves at same price. That effort could have been used for Elf Drakon Riders or Ogre Siegebreakersā€¦ā€¦

it is $30, and they are all metal. if they could do them in plastic iā€™m sure they could undercut GWā€™s price (currently $35 for 5 plastic figures. which is certainly way overpriced like most GW products)

No its not $30, its $39.99 USA I just came from their site , unless it is an error. Same price as GW and inferior models, I donā€™t want to derail the thread, so Iā€™ll just let it go. I support Mantic in most things.

huhā€¦ iā€™d forgotten the site defaults to the british pricing when i go there. you are right. american pricing it is $40. but british pricing has it at Ā£24.99, which is currently $30.

Yeah, I agree. I don`t understand why the starter is 25 Ā£ more than before. At 50 or 60 Ā£ it would be great deal, but at 75 Ā£, I have to think really hard about the purchase, especially when I have to pay for shipping extra 25 Ā£ when ordering direct form Mantic.

I really hope ā€œnerve diceā€ are not special dice for KoW.
I detest special dice, it makes game that little bit less accessible.

2 Likes

Agreed. Special dice almost put me off Warlords of Erehwon.

They are shown in Ronnieā€™s 3rd edition video. Regular D6 with KOW symbols.

3 Likes

Two thoughts on Mantic pricing:

1. The way they ā€˜convertā€™ between pounds and other currencies is dumb and bad, especially when theyā€™re pulling a GW / PP and wanting people to go directly to their site for stuff. Why in the crap not just use actual conversion rates instead of gouging? I seriously donā€™t get it, and would expect it from GeeDub not my friends at Mantic.

2. Iā€™m pretty sure Mantic is moving away from the early days of Minigaming On A Budget, a pricing scheme intended to compete against the Dub back before KOW 2E became real post-WHFB. And good for them, especially as their sculpt quality and, on the whole, material quality has gotten better. From what Iā€™m seeing, as a person who buys mostly boutique resin these days, KOW 3 prices seem fine. Especially if the material is good. If itā€™s too much for peeps, there are still cheaper options around (Reaper Bones, old Mantic/Dub, tanking your MMC, etc)

1 Like

Order in your local currency and you get free shipping.

For the sake of argument hereā€™s a rough comparison:

(assuming prices based on current structure)

Clansmen Ā£20 x2
Snow Trolls Ā£18 x1
Hunter Ā£8 x1
Scarecrows Ā£30 x1
Butchers Ā£18 x1
Horror Ā£8 x1
Rulebook Ā£20 x1

= Ā£152

So thatā€™s a 50% discount off RRP, give or take. At worst, if the prices were different, itā€™d drop to 40%.

Conversion rates for prices donā€™t match exchanges rates because the costs for bringing those products to different regions also donā€™t match exchange rates. I mean, itā€™d be lovely if they did, but thatā€™s just not the case.

Also, the exchange rates change hourly so as soon as a price point was selected, it would need updating again.

Just letting the exchange handle it seems to work fine for all the European companies I buy from (Mierce, Puppets War, Green Stuff World are the usual suspects). Mantic - and I think GW - are the only companies I buy from that set regional pricing. Also: something something Iā€™m American, I donā€™t pay VAT something? Anyway, this is getting kinda OT.

@Mantic: 3E stuff looks good, keep the hype train coming!